Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM

913 posts, read 2,274,295 times

Advertisements

It is very sad and that's why I'm crying non stop. Can you imagine if they need to process all of us all over again from step one?

MissModular, are they ok with everything you gave them? We're you able to extend your stay in your current apartment for another month? What are you going to do next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 AM

43 posts, read 59,543 times
Wow that's crazy! Especially because some of you have leases you need to resign or make arrangements to get out of.

I was over there the other day near the building and it looks like most of the units are filled. They told me that at lease signing too. There must be only a couple left. Too bad they couldn't get them all filled b4 the holiday :-(

Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM

74 posts, read 170,857 times
We discussed signing the lease on Friday with the Q41 marketing agent who has been helping us. However, according to her, it seems like Bronx Pro didn't want to do anything further since they're switching to Wave Crest tomorrow and it also seemed as if they didn't want to take anyone on before a holiday weekend.

Our file is processed and approved, so I don't think they'll ask for more paperwork. I'm hoping to get in and sign the lease this week because we've already had 3 couples look at our current apartment and they're ready to move in this month.

Last I heard there are about 12 units that need to be filled.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM

21 posts, read 36,020 times
Yes, no one wanted to work Friday since it's before the holiday weekend. I'm waiting just like everyone else. Still trying to work our a month-by-month lease with my current apt. I "think" they are okay with the more paperwork I gave. Hoping to find out soon! Let's keep each other updated when something happens for us approved, but non-lease signers!

Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Not the best Labor Day weekend that I've ever had. It's been very stressful and emotional.

Dishwasher, why are they still showing your unit to other people if you've already signed the floor plan? I don't get it.

Let's please keep ourselves in the loop of everything that happens and post a comment on here everyday for any status updates - even if it's to cry like I've been doing non stop.

I just wish this was finalized before the weekend so I could have been out relaxing instead of stressing like I have.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM

No no, the apartment I currently live in... not the Q41 place... I've been showing my apartment to potential tenants to take over for us when we move into Q41. That was the deal we made with our landlord - we can move out whenever we want, as long as we find someone to take over for us.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Got it.

You going to follow up with the marketing team tomorrow?

My management company is the worst.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 PM

I wish i was watching these Desperate Housewives reruns in my new 2 bedroom at the Q41.

Very dull Labor Day with nothing to watch but Desperate Housewives.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:24 AM

No new updates on my end.

Has anyone called today to inquire?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Just called and the lady I've been working with isn't in yet. I guess I'll wait until later today. Don't think I'll be signing a lease this week at this rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery