Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 02:14 PM

913 posts, read 2,274,672 times

Advertisements

One couple almost had me in tears when they asked when the building was going to deliver the free washer and dryer. Nowhere on the advertisement does it say free washer and dryer in each unit. It was too much and I had contain myself from breaking out and laughing. This is a lottery for goodness sakes. The things people want are unbelievable at times.

Nobody seemed thankful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM

43 posts, read 59,552 times
Haha omg! I'm glad they let you but your own so you can pick which one you want. They said at lease signing they have to be a ventless dryer. I think I will get the one from LG that is an all in one washer and dryer in one unit so I have some space to have a little pantry storage above the washing machine.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM

We're they on time with your lease signing?

I was supposed to go today, but they never called me.

Let me know what happens when they call you. All the details please.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:18 PM

I wonder why the 17th floor is still under construction.

I'm guessing those are all the units for sale.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:36 PM

DishWasher, any new updates with you or MissModular?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 PM

43 posts, read 59,552 times
The Bronx Pro office called me late in the afternoon before this past weekend but I was working so they left a voicemail. I called them back this Monday when their office was open and they told me what to bring to lease signing, what unit I would be signing for, and also when the start date would be for my current lease. I asked questions etc and then schedule my lease signing. Seems like the office is closing early this week due to the holiday perhaps?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM

74 posts, read 170,876 times
SO. I was supposed to sign a lease tomorrow, but no one at Bronx Pro wanted to process my file. So I guess I have to wait until next week for Wave Crest. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a better idea.

I went in today to do (MORE) paperwork and look at the unit again. It's still amazing. The views are ridiculous. There is a lot of construction coming up around the building, but from so high up my views won't be obstructed. They had to do some construction on the unit so it looked a little messy - apparently the builder did not do something to the roof so they had to repair it to prevent leaks. I also noticed a few things that I want repaired before we move in (small stuff).

But I'm SO HAPPY with this unit - and our free washer and dryer. Just kidding

That's disappointing we won't get the keys early to get prepped for movers. I was hoping to do the same as you, q41apartments.

The goal is to move in mid-to-end September.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:56 PM

I was supposed to sign today. I went to the bank and had all my bank checks ready, certified, the whole shabang and low and behold - they didn't call. Tomorrow is their last day as Q41's management company so I am praying that when the folders get transitioned over to the new management company that there won't be issues and things won't be a HOT mess of a show. Things truly get lost in translation.

Oh, wow, i can't believe you went there again and even asked them to fix stuff. What was broken and we're they willing to fix it?

I doubt they're closed because they're like the DMV so they don't get holidays and considering how lazy they are - they don't deserve a holiday.

I wanted to clean in advance to. Makes no point to flood a new apartment with furniture and try to clean around the furniture after moving in. I want to do it advance.

I'm hoping all goes well for all of us.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:55 AM

21 posts, read 36,027 times
Oh no! I hope they call you guys to sign lease today! For us, Such a mess...We went into Q41 to give the final paperwork which still wasn't complete, so i had to run home dig through my files (which I had already packed because I thought we were moving) run back to work and fax 18 pages. I also had to get a previous employer write and fax another letter. They say we are supposed to have a final approval answer today? It's funny because we've been calling them every week for an update and one week we thought they said we were approved and Bronx was gonna call us. Seems like that didn't happen. Today I am going to my current apt. management co. to try to extend our lease by 1 more month while we wait for a final answer. They told us we are 1 of 3 applications that will get processed asap. Sigh...it's all frustrating! When we were there we noticed a lot of construction workers and maybe the building is not ready yet and dragging out the last group of people till they're done? Let's hope it all works out in the end.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 AM

I'm not sure what's going on or if they're just fixing up the final units to make sure there aren't any issues. But also I noticed the 17 floor is under complete instructions. I think those are the units for sale that people might not want to buy.

I hope they call everyone today so that pretty much the remaining people can sign and move on with their lives.

I feel bad that you're packed and this still hasn't gone through. Your management company seems nice. Mine will evict people immediately cause they don't like to do month to month and don't care about anyone's situation.

What else could they want? I'm sure they have everything already.

Keep us posted today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery