Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM

101 posts, read 105,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
I will have a 1 bedroom and it's TINY, only 635 square feet. I would use Lexington Avenue instead of Park Avenue when traveling to and from the building. Park Avenue is kind of sketchy.

The 1 bedroom did not have an eat in kitchen, infact, there is no room for a full 4 chair dining room set. I am going to have to get some sort of breakfast nuk thingy LOL

thanks guess ill play the waiting game now[/quote]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 10:11 AM

108 posts, read 106,699 times
Now i can't stop wondering how big a two bedroom will be. I will take it regardless but it's hard to get used to small places. I'm also wondering where are the two bedrooms located in this building. Can't seem to find anthing online.

Why are there no pics!!floor plan nothing..i don't get it lol

Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM

222 posts, read 186,195 times
I will say I have been getting responses since I started posting here. Hmmmm. Lol.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 AM

49 posts, read 60,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Now i can't stop wondering how big a two bedroom will be. I will take it regardless but it's hard to get used to small places. I'm also wondering where are the two bedrooms located in this building. Can't seem to find anthing online.

if 635 square feet is the size of a one bed room by guess is that a two bed room should be around 756. Here's my math lol. (this is just a guess and i may be 100% wrong) the average SMALL room size is 11 by 11 which will equal 121 square feet add that to 635 (given from mzmatty thank you lol) this will equal 756 square feet.

now we dont know if mzmatty got a S,M or Large 1 bed room so this is just a guesstamate

Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 AM

101 posts, read 105,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post

Don't start to get concerned about the size of the 2 bedroom. Maybe only the 1 bedrooms are small. Stay positive that it will be exactly what you are hoping for. I think they have 2 bedroom apartments on all floors. I think the 3 bedroom apartments are all on the upper floors. I'm on the 4th floor and they have studios, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedrooms on that floor - I asked yesterday.

I don't think any of these lottery buildings ever have pics or floor plans. I would think they don't have pics because most of these buildings are being built from the ground up and no pics are available. As for floor plans they may think that changes are always possible during the construction of the buildings.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM

71 posts, read 77,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
Ok I am qualified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. I hopethat the 2 bed room apartments have a eat-in kitchen or at least a large enoughliving room. i lived in west Harlem mostof my life and i am not afraid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like I’min crack head city lol

im waiting for city approval as well and went by the building yesterday just to get a feel of the area and there are apartments at floor level. i was able to see inside it from the outside and the one i saw was 2 bedroom very small rooms.. the kitchen was also visible which wasnt a eat in kitchen i couldnt see the bathroom so no words on that but the living room was also very small.

im hoping other 2 bdrs are a bit bigger. but overall the area is nice. i walked up from 125 and lexington and the walk isnt that bad. lots of residental buildings. so if you are concerned about the area i suggest walk up through lexington since park ave can seen so solitary.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 PM

49 posts, read 60,845 times
what will happen happen if you get approved sign the lease and later on in the year you get a promotion and your salary exceeds the requirement or you decided to get married. will you bee kicked out?

Old 03-21-2014, 01:05 PM

138 posts, read 136,878 times
Im asumming its similar to housing rent will increase

Old 03-21-2014, 01:19 PM

222 posts, read 186,195 times
Oh ok cool. Whelp I too am playing the waiting game. I have a few things occupying my time next week so by the time I remember I'm waiting for them hopefully I'll have an answer

Old 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM

108 posts, read 106,699 times
From what I have read, if you get a promotion, get married or you get a job change and salary increases, your rent increase very little. And I mean little. I know someone, the person who introduced me to lottery apartments, who got married to someone who currently lives in an apartment. Problem was he mad 120k a year. They were worried until they submitted their paperwork at end of year to renew lease and guess what, their rent went up 45 bucks! She lives in a one bedroom and was paying 975...now they pay 1010...how crazy is that?!?

But Yea, you don't get kicked out they can't do that. You just get evaluated every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery