Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 09:11 AM

49 posts, read 60,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naio View Post
I have an Appointment to view a One bedroom Apt Friday!!! Crossing Fingers!! If the allow me to take pictures I will Post.

when did they call you to tell you that you was approved and when did they call you to come in for a viewing? I am still waiting to hear back from them to schedule a viewing... I how no patience now lol..

@mzmatty and @joyero when u went to see the apartment did u have to wait outside because one day i went to see how the building was doing and saw that u needed a key to get inside.. so what im asking is how was u able to meet the person who showed u the apartment.

Last edited by nyctown101; 04-02-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 AM

108 posts, read 106,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
when did they call you to tell you that you was approved and when did they call you to come in for a viewing? I am still waiting to hear back from them to schedule a viewing... I how no patience now lol..

@mzmatty and @joyero when u went to see the apartment did u have to wait outside because one day i went to see how the building was doing and saw that u needed a key to get inside.. so what im asking is how was u able to meet the person who showed u the apartment.
Ok so to briefly explain;

You are given a time to see your apartment. Once you go, you will need to wait for the person showing your apartment to open the door. I stood outside for 20 minutes because i had no clue who to call/meet. Once he showed up, you're name is verified and you are shown your unit. For us, he left us enjoy our unit for a good 30 minutes. We were able to take pics, plan out furniture placement, enjoy the view, etc. The laundry room will be finished with then next 4-6 weeks maybe soon. There is no parking, no storage, just bike rack. You have access to a Terrace on the 9th floor and the common garden which will be ready in a few weeks also.

Get there earlier than your time so that you can wait outside until he comes and get you. He is aware that you are supposed to show up so he inspects the entrance every now and then.

If you are scheduled to see the apartment, congratulations, its yours unless you turn it down.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post

I received the letter for appointment to take my documents on Dec,10th 2013, the 1st available appointment was Jan 02, 2014.

I didn't hear back from anyone till beginning of March, which they still hadn't submitted any of my documents for approval. I had to send in new bank statements, and they wanted my 2013 W2 and Tax Return. Since the ones I had originally taken was for 2012.

Then March 20th I had to go in and sign some documents. I was then approved for the 1st step & also found out since I made less in my new 2013 Return that I was now only approved for a 1 bedroom instead of the Original 2 I was at the beginning approved for since I made a lot less in 2013.

I found out I was good to go 2 days later and was asked to wait for the call with the viewing appointment And Found out today I am viewing apt on Friday.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM

49 posts, read 60,843 times
@joyero and @naio thanks for the info

Old 04-02-2014, 03:07 PM

14 posts, read 18,787 times
Hi. Ive been reading this forum since January. I just decided to join now.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:53 PM

222 posts, read 186,189 times
Congrats to you all ))). I'm up for appeal. Will give you updates. They had to do a lot of explaining to me and when the supervisor couldn't even explain why they did what they did to me they had to get a hire up. Hire up told me to get a certain document and file for an appeal...quickly. So I have the document. Will be appealing by tomorrow afternoon or Friday

Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 AM

138 posts, read 136,877 times
Wow good morning to all its so good to see people being approved
On this beautiful day..im still waiting on eesponse from appeal in the mean time im sending in my info to parkchester apts in the bx big space for a reasonable amt for a one bedroom..my goal is to move out in the summer..until the meantime
Does anybody have some pictures lol
On apartment

Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Update. ..she called saying I qualify for a one bedroom and that my appeal was accepted. Now they are going to send a letter with further info..um I knew this all along..now im just seeing whats going to happen n ow

Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM

222 posts, read 186,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
Update. ..she called saying I qualify for a one bedroom and that my appeal was accepted. Now they are going to send a letter with further info..um I knew this all along..now im just seeing whats going to happen n ow

Wow. Congrats!!!! I was just coming in to say my appeal was approved also!!!!!!!! The issues that should not have been on my report were resolved and removed and proven to not be my issue but a mistake from the company.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM

@justw8 yes thanks.I think we are on the same boat.i feel they commit errors because the only reason I applied was because I knew I qualified. Now I hope this next step is not a headache. My initial interview was in Jan 18 lol..so hopefully this is it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery