Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 01:18 PM

222 posts, read 186,285 times

Advertisements

Yeah I was never specified which approval process I was up for. I was told in the beginning I was waiting for owner approval. Then asked to sign some city documents. Then a huge issue that took god knows how long to resolve (communication error). After that was resolved the response was a thank you and we will contact you after approval for the next stages. I'm wondering if it's city approval or did was owner approval put on hold because of the communication error. I'm finding things to do to occupy my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 01:53 PM

71 posts, read 77,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
Yeah I was never specified which approval process I was up for. I was told in the beginning I was waiting for owner approval. Then asked to sign some city documents. Then a huge issue that took god knows how long to resolve (communication error). After that was resolved the response was a thank you and we will contact you after approval for the next stages. I'm wondering if it's city approval or did was owner approval put on hold because of the communication error. I'm finding things to do to occupy my time.
oh boy that sounds like an annoying ordeal. from my understanding you get presented to the owners that approve you or dont approve. if you get approved by them then you go on to get approved by the city. if they had you sign city forms then my assumption is your waiting for your approval from the city and have been approved by the owners but i can be wrong. seems like not everyone has had the same experience. my interviewer has been pretty specific as of late.

fingers crossed for us both!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 AM

343 posts, read 1,095,561 times
did anyone notice that they reopened the application process? only for the 60% group tho.

i guess most of the applications they received were for the 40% group the first time around.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:27 AM

71 posts, read 77,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
did anyone notice that they reopened the application process? only for the 60% group tho.

i guess most of the applications they received were for the 40% group the first time around.

Yes I did see that.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM

138 posts, read 136,931 times
60 % who falls in that group

Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM

49 posts, read 60,872 times
60% for what group?

Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 PM

Where did you see this?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:09 PM

138 posts, read 136,931 times
Lol had to laugh a bit..check gonofee.com what a joke..there are still available apts.. one bedroom n two!!!! What was the point of all of this nonsense..im still waiting for a response for the appeal. .at this point is whatever..im highly dissatisfied with this bs..on top of it im searching for an apt and thr amount of scams that exist are beyond scary..well to everyone good luck w seeking an apt..

Old 03-27-2014, 04:18 AM

I couldn't find anything except on the NYC website where it says accepting applications until filled. Immean...this is the part I have no control over so :/

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 AM

49 posts, read 60,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
Lol had to laugh a bit..check gonofee.com what a joke..there are still available apts.. one bedroom n two!!!! What was the point of all of this nonsense..im still waiting for a response for the appeal. .at this point is whatever..im highly dissatisfied with this bs..on top of it im searching for an apt and thr amount of scams that exist are beyond scary..well to everyone good luck w seeking an apt..
i did not see any lisitng for HRPS on this website and what scams are your referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery