Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,031 times

Advertisements

Thanks, CaptainAngel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 PM

11 posts, read 25,606 times
Hello all my log # is in the early 3000s and I just received a letter this week. Fyi

Old 11-10-2014, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,419 times
Hi All. On average, how much is your ConEd monthly?

Old 11-10-2014, 09:03 PM

34 posts, read 50,380 times
@KDNY HDC could be 2%… the guy reviewing me told me 5%. perhaps he was wrong but its around there. 2-5% on a car is not much so as long as she was not close to going over income already.

My big concern going forward with reviews is if My Father passes away in the next 15 years would inheriting his house be an income issue even if its out of state? I couldn't find anything about this online. I guess its not a concern yet but if anyone has an idea I would appreciate it!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:50 AM

16 posts, read 35,673 times
My Con Ed is averaging about $ 63.00 a month. I have a studio apartment. I have been here for almost eight months and every bill was under $65 except for August (the central air was used almost daily and that bill was around $85.00)

Old 11-13-2014, 02:05 AM

4 posts, read 5,419 times
Thanks Punchykuba. I'll be in a studio also. I was wondering how heating would affect those bills.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,540 times
I recently received a letter to submit docs in order to verify my income. I am a bit worried about this since I no longer work in the same place when I first applied.
My current employer reports what I make, but taxes are not deducted. Meaning I will owe taxes. Is this considered self-employment? FYI, started about a month ago. :/

Old 11-14-2014, 04:45 PM

28 posts, read 71,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikiV View Post
I recently received a letter to submit docs in order to verify my income. I am a bit worried about this since I no longer work in the same place when I first applied.
My current employer reports what I make, but taxes are not deducted. Meaning I will owe taxes. Is this considered self-employment? FYI, started about a month ago. :/
It depends on how your "employer" is reporting your relationship. At the end of the year, will your employer file a 1099? If so, that would mean your employer is claiming that you are self-employed and a contractor. If your employer instead files a W-2, that means your employer is claiming that you are an actual employee. Did you fill out a W-4 for your current employer when you were awarded the job position because W-4s are provided to employees to fill out regarding how much taxes to take out or not take out of each paycheck?

Also, the interviewers usually ask for a written statement signed by your employer as well as other employment verification from your employer anyway. They will usually ask you for information but will also inquire directly with your employer. They are most likely going to go with whatever the employer says unless the employer doesn't provide them any information at all.

Sounds like a sticky situation that can be interpreted different ways depending on who is reviewing your information.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:15 PM

5 posts, read 20,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapenyc View Post
dtavarez, if you don't mind me asking what was your log number. I'm still waiting to see if i qualify since i sent out my paper work last year.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

My log # is 4085.

I appealed and received a letter that I was eligible. Due to a lot of folks who have applied, they will not be able to accommodate me at this time.

So basically, once my log number is reached, they will contact me. So am I technically on a waiting list then?

Old 11-18-2014, 07:50 PM

32 posts, read 59,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtavarez View Post
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

My log # is 4085.

I appealed and received a letter that I was eligible. Due to a lot of folks who have applied, they will not be able to accommodate me at this time.

So basically, once my log number is reached, they will contact me. So am I technically on a waiting list then?
I would ask. You got an eligibility letter, so that is something.

Mine is 30,000+ and I never heard back, but them's the breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery