Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 01:27 PM

28 posts, read 71,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecouturelover View Post
In the end of October, we were called in a final time to sign papers and they said it was being submitted for approval. Then we got a letter saying we were disqualified for credit. Does anyone know the credit criteria for this development?
A similarly priced and marketed building (i.e. Q41) had a minimum credit score of 700 for their credit criteria according to people in that forum. I read elsewhere that when they have trouble filling all the apartments, they resort to lowering their minimum credit score criteria eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM

12 posts, read 21,102 times
Hi guys!

Do you guys think a family of 3 (1 male+1 female+1 baby female) with a Log# 39 BUT not resident of Brooklyn (resident of bronx) can dream about having a place to live in this nice area?
We already had the interview in the beginning of December and things seemed to go well. They said they will call us.
Can we dream?

Old 12-24-2014, 07:49 AM

20 posts, read 35,526 times
Hello everyone. My family and I applied to 1133 and went for an interview on 12/11. We are not CB preference. And my number is in the 3,000. This past weekend they had an open house for market rate renters. I took advantage and went to take a look at the apartments. The open house was catered with food and drinks. I viewed two bedroom two bath apartments on the different lines. They were a bit smaller than I expected. But the two bedrooms did have the washer dryers by Bosch which I am definitely in need. Hallways are modern but minimalistic. I found the doors to the entry of the apartments and in the apartments to be metal doors. It felt a little like an office. Light wooden floors. 1133 consists of two towers. They showed the model apartments on the Clay Street entrance. Staff mentioned move-in would begin January 5, with the second wave in February. Garage and courtyard still need to be completed. The courtyard seems to be coming out very similar to the rendering on the site. I saw wooden benches and walkway. The lobby is quite small but very modern. I thought it would be more expansive. The concierge opens the doors for you. The staff were extremely friendly. There will be a a pet-spa in the building and a grocer. It is a pet friendly building. I was there for approximately 30 - 45 minutes. I did see a few people there for the open house. On the overall, other than they being a tad smaller than I excepted they are very nice, very nice and with the amenities and perks they are offering, it's a great deal. Especially since that area will be completely transformed within the next 5 years with Greenpoint Landing being built up the block. Hopefully we get accepted. Good luck to all and I hope this info was insightful.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:18 PM

4 posts, read 10,547 times
Hi people! are any of the utilities included in the price there? it seems like a lot of $$$ for "affordable" situation contracts for most of the units, so shouldnt be that included? just thinking. Never asked that question myself, but heard some folks in other building started being charged for everything like water, heat etc. How is this in 1133? Any one asked?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 AM

6 posts, read 15,669 times
I won the lottery for a two bedroom apartment and went to view my apartment yesterday. Heat, hot water and AIR CONDITIONING are included in the rent. Apartments are very nice. Rooms a little smaller than I expected and the two bedroom I looked at did not have a washer and dryer. But the woman who showed it to me said there are washer and dryers on every floor. I asked if they are free to use and she said she didn't know. That would be an important thing to know.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM

7 posts, read 14,076 times
Hi Sammybird,

That is great news! Congratulations! I have a few questions to assess the chances of people still waiting if you don't mind answering.

How did they contact with the news? Letter? Email? Phonecall? Did they say anything about when you will move in? Did you apply for low or mid income units?

Any answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:50 AM

6 posts, read 11,548 times
Congratulations Sammybird!! That is some great new year news! Did they call you to go see the apt or did they send you a letter with a date to go see the apt. If so, when? I had my interview in October but have not hear anything back. I feel so anscious and have been checking the mail day by day. Also, after you had the 1st interview with them, were there any further steps like visiting your actual residence, 2nd interview, etc. did they give you a move in date? I am excited to hear they are already filling the apartments! Thank you for the update!!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:08 PM

6 posts, read 15,669 times
I had my initial appt in mid October. I applied for mid income housing. The interviewer told me that middle income applicants were harder to come by and therefore my chances were really good. I had a few follow up steps to do go through after the interview that was taken care of with a notary letter regarding my employment. Then they called me right before Christmas and made an appointment for me to come view the unit that was assigned to me. I checked it out. I was notified via phone call. Not by letter. They asked if I could move in next week I said that was too soon and asked if they could extend out later. I think they are anxious to get people into the building so that when the market rate people move in the building has inhabitants. That makes sense to me. Also, I am a community resident which probably helped. My log number is in the low 10,000.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,976 times
Hey Sammybird,

Congrats on making it all the way! Would you mind mentioning how many people are in your household? I ask because my wife and I applied for a middle income two bedroom and were approved by 1133 management in December. Then the info was passed back to the city for one last check and we were told we would be able to view our unit by the end of December. Now I am hearing the city may prefer a larger family be given the space instead, which is unfortunate because my wife and I planned to use the second room to start a family. Thanks for your helpful info and congrats again.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,871 times
Hey Sammybird,

Congrats on the apt!!! I was wondering how long is the apt stabilized rent for? Did you have to sign a year lease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery