Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 11:56 AM

14 posts, read 23,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezme View Post
The second building is just being completed and officially opening March 1st.

Although the courtyard and rooftop are still being built and I think last I heard they should have everything complete by mid April.
Thanks ! Do you know if they picked the people for that building yet ? I Am waiting to hear back from them. They said if my number is drawn I would be moving into the second building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:57 AM

20 posts, read 35,530 times
My husband and I were called yesterday, and were approved for an apartment in the second tower. We are going to look at the apartment next week. :-)

Old 02-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefultenant View Post
My husband and I were called yesterday, and were approved for an apartment in the second tower. We are going to look at the apartment next week. :-)

Congrats ! Were you in the middle income range or the higher ? 1 BR or 2 ?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:26 PM

Thank you. We are anxious to move from our current apartment. We are in the higher range for a 2 bedroom.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:38 PM

26 posts, read 120,795 times
From what I heard recently they still have about 50 units to fill. I am not sure what the breakdown of units left is (not all of these are the North building, still some left in the South one).

No one has moved into the North building yet because its opening Sunday but some units have been allocated to prospective candidates. They usually get shown once you get approved by HDC.

The only thing about the North building, I heard that the more desirable units on the Box street side are Market Rate (I'm assuming because of the view if you are high enough). So if you get one there it will probably be facing Manhattan Ave or the inside facing the courtyard. Not that this is bad by any means just don't get your hopes up for an amazing city view.

Again this info shouldn't be taken as 100% accurate. Just what i've heard from certain people.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:22 PM

With new buildings being constructed along box and commercial, in a few years there may be no city view any way. I actually hope they offer us a courtyard apartment, as noise may be much less than on a main street, even though it's desolate now, if the neighborhood continues to turn around it will have a lot more foot traffic.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM

12 posts, read 21,104 times
Good to know.... thx for the info

Old 02-27-2015, 09:45 PM

17 posts, read 22,133 times
My apt is on the north side... I feel very lucky as the person who show it to me told me that most of the affordable apts do not have washer and dryer, and mine does... At this point I don't really mind where is facing, because anyway they wouldn't give us the amazing views, of course they would give it to the market rates. So I'm just thankful I got one, and have the opportunity to move to such a nice building...

Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
Does anyone know whether the middle income apartments will include 2 bedroom 2 bath? I see they also have 2 bedroom 1 bath. We are scraping the top of the income limit

Old 03-02-2015, 02:57 PM

So I called today for an update. I was told I was next up to be called but my # is high so they dnt know yet. I don't understand what that means but okay. & also was told that they would have all final decisions for the second tower by late April early May. Crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery