Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 AM

457 posts, read 737,243 times

Advertisements

If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently in a lottery building. Middle income. Last summer, during the application process, I was told the building is 50% full. The month I moved in, I was told less than 20 units left. Here I am a year later and the building just reached 100% . A year after being told it was 50% full.

Some tenants want to break their lease because they're disappointed. Hope that helps.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:33 AM

12 posts, read 17,247 times
just received an update - we've been conditionally approved for an apartment, pending future requalification. but we have a very high number (80,000+) and they can't guarantee when (or if) they'll get around to us until they start to fill up the buildings more. any CB2 preference people with high numbers being told similar things? has anyone actually been offered an apt with CB2 preference with anywhere near this number?

Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 PM

I was offered an interview and when I tried to claim my interview and coordinate a time....I was brutally rebuffed.

I emailed again last week to coordinate the interview and what time works best and got no traction.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:27 PM

19 posts, read 28,564 times
Has anyone without preferences been contacted yet? if so what is your log#?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:07 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently in a lottery building. Middle income. Last summer, during the application process, I was told the building is 50% full. The month I moved in, I was told less than 20 units left. Here I am a year later and the building just reached 100% . A year after being told it was 50% full.

Some tenants want to break their lease because they're disappointed. Hope that helps.

I'm wondering if the same will happen at HPS. Its had so much media hype...I just hope for the sake of the tennants it lives up to it.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:42 PM

I hope that doesn't happen. In the past, it use to just be a few units available per building. I don't recall completely new development's geared towards low and middle and I've never seem an entire building dedicated to a lottery before either. It's nice to see the rise in these lotteries, but the process and processing of paperwork seems disorganized.

Mine was a complete mess and I was asked numerous times to keep submitting document's I already submitted. One time, I was asked to submit a tax return and that's the first thing anyone hands in. So when my coordinator asked for it again, I decided to sit down with her and go through her file on me. We went through the file and "voila". There it was all along. Buried deep down in my file along with paystubs and other sensitive information. The truth is, the coordinator was disorganized. Obviously, I couldn't say the D word to a city employee where the outcome of my life was hanging her in hands. So I smiled and said: I never did mind about the little things.

Coordinator: Thanks suga. We be right on dat.

Then I adjusted her lop sided wig and told her to consider using a different shade of purple lipstick and the rest is history.

Stay positive. 700 units left is a substantial amount. Good luck to all.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:10 PM

Default NYCLotteryGurl is a troll

Quote:
I hope that doesn't happen. In the past, it use to just be a few units available per building. I don't recall completely new development's geared towards low and middle and I've never seem an entire building dedicated to a lottery before either. It's nice to see the rise in these lotteries, but the process and processing of paperwork seems disorganized.

Mine was a complete mess and I was asked numerous times to keep submitting document's I already submitted. One time, I was asked to submit a tax return and that's the first thing anyone hands in. So when my coordinator asked for it again, I decided to sit down with her and go through her file on me. We went through the file and "voila". There it was all along. Buried deep down in my file along with paystubs and other sensitive information. The truth is, the coordinator was disorganized. Obviously, I couldn't say the D word to a city employee where the outcome of my life was hanging her in hands. So I smiled and said: I never did mind about the little things.

Coordinator: Thanks suga. We be right on dat.

Then I adjusted her lop sided wig and told her to consider using a different shade of purple lipstick and the rest is history.

Stay positive. 700 units left is a substantial amount. Good luck to all.
. You are a troll. Please keep your racist comments off this forum.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:30 PM

NYCLotteryGurl was a Puerto Rican girl moving to the Bronx last week on another
Forum! She is so lame! So 1990's. Ignore her.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:50 PM

I was just being animated to keep things lively.

In all honesty, I think everyone should stay positive if there's still around 700 units to fill.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:03 AM

Default NYCLotteryGurl is a Troll

Quote:
I was just being animated to keep things lively.

In all honesty, I think everyone should stay positive if there's still around 700 units to fill.
NYCLotteryGurl IS A TROLL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery