Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 12:43 PM

35 posts, read 49,852 times

Advertisements

with walk in closet and the comparison of the two options I was given....
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters Point South Housing Lottery-11798381_10152972691232233_36581879_n.jpg   Hunters Point South Housing Lottery-11846422_10152972691277233_510355690_n.jpg   Hunters Point South Housing Lottery-11824014_10152972691337233_1098143765_n.jpg  

Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 PM

76 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetfairy View Post
with walk in closet and the comparison of the two options I was given....
Congrats on your place! That closet is amazing.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
Congrats on your place! That closet is amazing.
thank you! I know... I needed that closet years ago!

Old 08-13-2015, 01:11 PM

41 posts, read 65,807 times
Does anyone know which room numbers face which view? For example, would rooms 100-120 be facing west while the 121-140 facing North, and etc?

Old 08-13-2015, 01:15 PM

20 posts, read 27,819 times
Word to the wise on Verizon Fios - I was told by move-in coordinator that the building receives an exclusive Fios deal...

However, in looking at prices on Verizon's own website, the prices are significantly cheaper through Verizon directly (~$15 less than comparative bundles through HPS directly). Plus, Verizon is offering free HD cable box for 1 year, free installation, and free premium channels for 1 year if you order directly through Verizon whereas the HPS program does not.

Now, before anyone claims Related is evil and trying to rip tenants off, the agreement between Related and Verizon is apparently strict and less flexible with change. As a result, they can't immediately match the prices on Verizon's own website if Verizon is running a promotion (which they are). My coordinator actually encouraged me to order directly through Verizon. This is an issue they are apparently trying to remedy for future tenants.

I actually ordered today for an early Sept. move-in and I didn't have to put any money down. Plus, by ordering now, I was able to pick a desired date/time pretty easily.

Something to keep in mind!

Old 08-13-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS_Resident View Post
Word to the wise on Verizon Fios - I was told by move-in coordinator that the building receives an exclusive Fios deal...

However, in looking at prices on Verizon's own website, the prices are significantly cheaper through Verizon directly (~$15 less than comparative bundles through HPS directly). Plus, Verizon is offering free HD cable box for 1 year, free installation, and free premium channels for 1 year if you order directly through Verizon whereas the HPS program does not.

Now, before anyone claims Related is evil and trying to rip tenants off, the agreement between Related and Verizon is apparently strict and less flexible with change. As a result, they can't immediately match the prices on Verizon's own website if Verizon is running a promotion (which they are). My coordinator actually encouraged me to order directly through Verizon. This is an issue they are apparently trying to remedy for future tenants.

I actually ordered today for an early Sept. move-in and I didn't have to put any money down. Plus, by ordering now, I was able to pick a desired date/time pretty easily.

totally agree, I ordered directly with Verizon myself and the set up is tomorrow AM.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 PM

15 posts, read 38,840 times
@violetfairy -- are the two 1-bedroom choices you were shown in the $2167 or $2509 range? Congrats, it looks so nice.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:26 PM

110 posts, read 218,866 times
Quote:

Good to know, thank you! Is Verizon the only carrier servicing the building or is TWC an option too? I know TWC sucks, but I currently have their $14.99 internet and it's actually pretty fast, so I would much rather just keep paying that.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:26 PM

41 posts, read 65,807 times
Are they going to install a Fios box inside your apt? Or do you think the Building already has like a main box or boxes somewhere in the basement that just gets routed to each apartment?

Old 08-13-2015, 01:31 PM

103 posts, read 158,839 times
Quote:

Yeah, we learned the same thing! I had actually purchase FIOS back before our move-date was finalized because I found a great deal and have been pushing the installation date a few times. When our date was finalized, I heard that HPS had a deal but found it to be on-par or a little worse than the one I had found. Agreed, I don't fault HPS for this as Verizon is always offering up new ways to entice folks to switch.

As for the installation, the building is pre-wired so the infrastructure needed to support FIOS is already installed. The access panel and cabling is found in the closet and is built into the floor - there's a metal floor plate where the cables come out so not much installation is needed. It's funny because Verizon states installations take 6-8 hours, but in a modern building that is already wired, I expect it'll be an hour or two, max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery