Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 07:57 AM

38 posts, read 125,752 times

Advertisements

Had a chance to walk by the building last night, so beautiful. The building has some residents, it was good to see how different people furnished their apts. At night, if a resident has their light on, and the shade is not pulled down, you can see a good distance into the apt while standing on the sidewalk opposite the bldg. Some residents have balconies and they were out on it last night. Still hoping, but trying not to get too crazed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 08:42 PM

107 posts, read 246,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancheto View Post
Had a chance to walk by the building last night, so beautiful. The building has some residents, it was good to see how different people furnished their apts. At night, if a resident has their light on, and the shade is not pulled down, you can see a good distance into the apt while standing on the sidewalk opposite the bldg. Some residents have balconies and they were out on it last night. Still hoping, but trying not to get too crazed.
It is a great , beautiful building. I wish we will get in

Old 07-24-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancheto View Post

Do you know what is the FICO requested credit score?

Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
Do you know what is the FICO requested credit score?
I "heard" most of these buildings take 650 and up.
Personally I wish it were higher. At least 700 some and up. My score is in the 800's. Its not hard to have a high score if you know how to manage your money and these developments should be looking for people great to excellent at doing that. I don't think just good deserves an affordable apartment.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:40 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Personally I wish it were higher. At least 700 some and up. My score is in the 800's. Its not hard to have a high score if you know how to manage your money and these developments should be looking for people great to excellent at doing that. I don't think just good deserves an affordable apartment.
Well I hate to contradict you, but before my husband and I divorced, my credit was around 799. After my legal bills, rent payments and credit debt, not to mention the credit crunch of 2009, my credit took a hit. I'm not below 650 but neither do I have stellar credit.

What I'm saying is that sometimes people take hits with no fault of their own. Today, I have absolutely no debt load and make good money, and will make even better in the future as my skills are in demand.

Yet demanding a credit score of 700 is ridiculous as I've been living alone for more than 10 years now and haven't had any problems paying rent, nor have been unemployed nor arrested etc. But if you feel that a credit score of 700 + should be a qualifying factor, then why don't you just pay market rates and get yourself an education and a career that can pay for your apartment?

Old 07-24-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Well I hate to contradict you, but before my husband and I divorced, my credit was around 799. After my legal bills, rent payments and credit debt, not to mention the credit crunch of 2009, my credit took a hit. I'm not below 650 but neither do I have stellar credit.

What I'm saying is that sometimes people take hits with no fault of their own. Today, I have absolutely no debt load and make good money, and will make even better in the future as my skills are in demand.

Yet demanding a credit score of 700 is ridiculous as I've been living alone for more than 10 years now and haven't had any problems paying rent, nor have been unemployed nor arrested etc. But if you feel that a credit score of 700 + should be a qualifying factor, then why don't you just pay market rates and get yourself an education and a career that can pay for your apartment?

I have a great career. I help people for a living. It just doesn't pay well. I already got myself an education. Paid 100% by me while working 50-60 hours a week, as well as supporting myself since I was 18. I do have an apt now and it is around market rate. So I'm not sure what you are getting at.
You are the one bragging about making good money so perhaps the rest of us may be wondering why you NEED affordable housing?

If you don't live above what you make its real easy to keep a high credit score. Sorry you spent more than you made. Its real simple you don't spend more money each month then whats coming in.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Great, just checked mine and its around 700's
Have you heard anything since the interview ?

Old 07-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I have a great career. I help people for a living. It just doesn't pay well. I already got myself an education. Paid 100% by me while working 50-60 hours a week, as well as supporting myself since I was 18. I do have an apt now and it is around market rate. So I'm not sure what you are getting at.
You are the one bragging about making good money so perhaps the rest of us may be wondering why you NEED affordable housing?

If you don't live above what you make its real easy to keep a high credit score. Sorry you spent more than you made. Its real simple you don't spend more money each month then whats coming in.

I dont judge people, I know some womens that their husband ruined their credit ...

Old 07-24-2016, 02:49 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:

I just told you my credit took a hit when I divorced my husband who made more than I did as he was an engineer. Have you ever divorced? Lawyers charge you an arm and a leg. Luckily for me, I was able to put myself through grad school in a STEM program and now, I too have a masters that I paid for while working full time. And I have no debt.

If you're already living in a market rate apartment, why do *you* need affordable housing? You contradict yourself. Unless you're living in one wit 50 people or living in a studio in the bronx. That'd be doable "market rate" lol

Old 07-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

If you're already living in a market rate apartment, why do *you* need affordable housing? You contradict yourself. Unless you're living in one wit 50 people or living in a studio in the bronx. That'd be doable "market rate" lol
No I don't. I know my situation. Although I'm certainly understanding yours a bit more and why you got divorced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery