Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 05:13 PM

377 posts, read 509,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancheto View Post
Everyday is a blessing from God; but today was unbelievable. Signed the lease, got the keys. Beautiful. During my experience, all staff were professional throughout the process, and I'm speaking as someone who once got a denial letter in the mail, so that speaks volumes. One bedroom, open kitchen, huge bathroom, wash and dryer in the apartment, and if that wasn't enough, a balcony with a view of the Hudson River. Its months of paperwork and back and forth, but well worth it.
Congratulations! You truly did win the lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 07:06 PM

22 posts, read 77,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancheto View Post
everyday is a blessing from god; but today was unbelievable. Signed the lease, got the keys. Beautiful. During my experience, all staff were professional throughout the process, and i'm speaking as someone who once got a denial letter in the mail, so that speaks volumes. One bedroom, open kitchen, huge bathroom, wash and dryer in the apartment, and if that wasn't enough, a balcony with a view of the hudson river. Its months of paperwork and back and forth, but well worth it.
congrats!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:18 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times
Sweet, congrats!!!!!!!!!
It's good to hear good stories from this whole process.

I am totally jealous of the Hudson River view. The Jersey Gold coast is gorgeous. (I grew up there). You would never have thought that new yorkers in those high rises wanted to see that, but nice!!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,234,522 times
Quote:
Everyday is a blessing from God; but today was unbelievable. Signed the lease, got the keys. Beautiful. During my experience, all staff were professional throughout the process, and I'm speaking as someone who once got a denial letter in the mail, so that speaks volumes. One bedroom, open kitchen, huge bathroom, wash and dryer in the apartment, and if that wasn't enough, a balcony with a view of the Hudson River. Its months of paperwork and back and forth, but well worth it.
Congrats. Not only is it nice to hear you got an apt but its nice to hear how thankful you are. Many people feel owed affordable housing and no one is.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 AM

17 posts, read 29,524 times
Congrats!! Enjoy that balcony view! That's amazing

Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,508,901 times
Pancheto-
You deserve it. God bless and enjoy.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:46 PM

99 posts, read 168,565 times
Quote:
Amen, brother. My aunt told me last week at a family dinner that the lord will always provide. Yes, things might look grim, and sometimes we even question if our creator has abandoned us, but everything is a trial. From ppl to life events. At the very end he comes and saves us from the dilemma. We might look abandoned in the beginning or middle, but at the end he's always there to see our result in one form or another. He was alone in the beginning, so he made us so that we can all be family, socialize, and to see who is naughty or nice. (one last message kept out to honor equality).

Just don't tell anyone that you're "Pancheto" when you move in. Stay anonymous, so that you stay treated equally by your fellow peers. One trial ends, another opens, so stay sharp.

Once again, congratulations, buddy. May the new chapter of your life open, so that you can continue saving the world in your own way.

Lastly, if you see any rare "Pokemon Go" 10km egg Pokemon pop-up pm me, i'd like to add it to my personal data. (just in case if you play it, lol; my mom has been working @ 57th for around 20 yrs, so if you see anything rare i can go with her one morning, stay for a bit, and catch it...mostly looking for a "Lapras" by the piers, because I need more candies for 2k CP).

Bon voyage.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:58 AM

272 posts, read 534,355 times
Just wanted to say that I heard from them. I had a low lottery # 3,XXX but was rejected because my income is just a couple hundred dollars below the minimum. Congrads to everyone who got in.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:09 AM

107 posts, read 246,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
Just wanted to say that I heard from them. I had a low lottery # 3,XXX but was rejected because my income is just a couple hundred dollars below the minimum. Congrads to everyone who got in.
How long did it take them to send a rejection from the day of the interview?
I had an interview a month ago but I heard nothing...

Old 10-06-2016, 06:31 PM

77 posts, read 85,334 times
Congrads Pancheto,
Can you please tell how long does it take to get an interview once you submitted all required documents? I have been waiting almost 2 months.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery