Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 07:40 AM

17 posts, read 29,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Ah ok if they show you two units to choose from I get it. The square footage probably isn't dramatically different so someone may prefer one layout over another. Or one may be closer to the elevator or garbage shot or whatever. Some may prefer this and some may want to be further away.
Now that you put it that way, you're absolutely right.

Last edited by Justdoit1989; 10-16-2016 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Left out word
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM

107 posts, read 246,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
e have been just called for a unit viewed ... well what is it to see? I can say yes over the phone
I know someone who said no to 3 BD apartment because the SQ Footage is smaller then the apt his family lives right now... crazy...

Old 10-16-2016, 07:19 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
I know someone who said no to 3 BD apartment because the SQ Footage is smaller then the apt his family lives right now... crazy...
But wasn't the rent cheaper for the 80/20 building then their current bigger apt?

I know if I get selected for an 80/20, the apartment will be smaller than what 'i have now. However for cheaper rent I am fine with that. I'd rather cut down my monthly bills than to have a larger apt. Also it will save you money in other ways, cause the less space the less you can buy. The bigger the apt the more stuff you accumulate!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 PM

77 posts, read 85,374 times
Hello guys, I am keep waiting and hoping!!! My number 3xxx, I submitted my docs beginning of August. Did not hear anything as of yet! I am hoping for interview. Any suggestions? Is there anything I should do at this point? It has been more than 2 months.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:48 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
You should definitely contact them as soon as possible! That's a long time to wait.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratapVIA57 View Post
Hello guys, I am keep waiting and hoping!!! My number 3xxx, I submitted my docs beginning of August. Did not hear anything as of yet! I am hoping for interview. Any suggestions? Is there anything I should do at this point? It has been more than 2 months.
You just ave to wait to be contacted. I means they are still sorting through paper work and dealing with the people with lower numbers then you. They will contact you when they get to your log in number.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:22 PM

44 posts, read 89,138 times
I was put on low priority wait list because of my household size (2), has this happened to anyone? Or something similar?

Old 10-25-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendi1 View Post
I was put on low priority wait list because of my household size (2), has this happened to anyone? Or something similar?
Where you trying for a two bedroom? If so I can understand they want to give a 2 bedroom to a larger family.
If it was a 1 bedroom I would find that strange.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 PM

44 posts, read 89,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Where you trying for a two bedroom? If so I can understand they want to give a 2 bedroom to a larger family.
If it was a 1 bedroom I would find that strange.
Nope because we are a couple, and it is strange because they said there isn't a unit available for my household yet. That I have to wait until the list is exhausted meaning those they're processing have to be cleared first before they get to me again. ):

Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendi1 View Post
Nope because we are a couple, and it is strange because they said there isn't a unit available for my household yet. That I have to wait until the list is exhausted meaning those they're processing have to be cleared first before they get to me again. ):
My guess is then you've been waitlisted due to all the 1 bedroom apts in your income range being taken already. I don't really know what they mean by low priority though. I feel if you are waitlisted it should go by your log in number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery