Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:06 PM

12 posts, read 39,006 times

Advertisements

i had 12,xxx and no call, email or mail. It's the lowest i've had in a while too.
meh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 04:35 AM

9 posts, read 17,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryraven View Post
I got log # 4xx...the lowest number I've ever had and still nothing.....I don't even think I qualify anymore :-( I wonder if anyone has moved in yet..
I'm sorry to hear that with a log number that low I would've thought you would be a shoe in.... Did you have community board preference? Or any other preference?

We were finally approved by HPD this week! Our move in date isn't until September.

From what we have been told they were only moving in 5 people at a time and it started in July so 10 people have moved in so far.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:48 AM

72 posts, read 116,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrera1186 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that with a log number that low I would've thought you would be a shoe in.... Did you have community board preference? Or any other preference?

We were finally approved by HPD this week! Our move in date isn't until September.

From what we have been told they were only moving in 5 people at a time and it started in July so 10 people have moved in so far.
I did have preference, not Community board. I'm ok with it though. I don't think I qualify anymore . I do have an interview coming up for another apartment, it's in the Bronx and I'm really trying to get OUT of the Bronx, but I'll check it out anyway. Congratulations on your apartment! If you can, please post pictures!

Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 AM

22 posts, read 73,772 times
Congrats on getting an apartment!!! I have a decent number for Bond 5xxx, but haven't heard anything at all. I have a decent number for the Park Slope building too 1xxx. Although it appears as though low vs high doesn't have much impact. I also have no preferences so...thought it was worth a shot. There are so many apartments springing up! The income level increased slightly for some of them. Hopefully more of us will be eligible. I hope I get something by next year. Getting in would be life changing for this single mom!

Old 08-08-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryraven View Post
I did have preference, not Community board. I'm ok with it though. I don't think I qualify anymore . I do have an interview coming up for another apartment, it's in the Bronx and I'm really trying to get OUT of the Bronx, but I'll check it out anyway. Congratulations on your apartment! If you can, please post pictures!
Honestly you never know! I'm sure they are taking care of the community board preference applicants first and then they will move on to other preferences. Stay positive you never know!

We work and live near the area so we had community preference. This process was so long and tiring I seriously kept myself up at night from this because we really needed it! It is definitely going to be a life changer for us. The neighborhood is beautiful and they really have cleaned up the canal somewhat already. I know someone mentioned on this thread that the area is terrible and a dump but I can promise you it is anything but that.

You will be in our prayers, this building is definitely worth all the headache.

As soon as we're all moved in we will post some pictures! Thank you for all the support you've shown us! It has really meant so much to us knowing we could come to this thread and get advice!

Old 08-08-2016, 03:49 PM

72 posts, read 116,429 times
Quote:
Honestly you never know! I'm sure they are taking care of the community board preference applicants first and then they will move on to other preferences. Stay positive you never know!

We work and live near the area so we had community preference. This process was so long and tiring I seriously kept myself up at night from this because we really needed it! It is definitely going to be a life changer for us. The neighborhood is beautiful and they really have cleaned up the canal somewhat already. I know someone mentioned on this thread that the area is terrible and a dump but I can promise you it is anything but that.

As soon as we're all moved in we will post some pictures! Thank you for all the support you've shown us! It has really meant so much to us knowing we could come to this thread and get advice!

Wow! Thank you for the words of encouragement! I'm so happy that your hard work has paid off, Congratulations again! I will keep looking and update if I get a call :-)

Old 08-09-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnlover03 View Post
Congrats on getting an apartment!!! I have a decent number for Bond 5xxx, but haven't heard anything at all. I have a decent number for the Park Slope building too 1xxx. Although it appears as though low vs high doesn't have much impact. I also have no preferences so...thought it was worth a shot. There are so many apartments springing up! The income level increased slightly for some of them. Hopefully more of us will be eligible. I hope I get something by next year. Getting in would be life changing for this single mom!
Thank you! Those are some great numbers! Hopefully one of them come up in your community board and you'll have a better shot! Keep applying and don't lose hope! You never know when you'll get that life changing call!

Good luck

Old 08-09-2016, 10:14 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:

If you work around the area, would that be considered community preference?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:49 AM

11 posts, read 17,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
If you work around the area, would that be considered community preference?

No it's is not you have to physically have an address near by with a lease

Old 09-30-2016, 10:46 AM

34 posts, read 62,306 times
Does anyone have any updates about their application/move-in process? It seems like this development is taking much longer to supply move-in dates than other affordable housing developments. For example, there are a number of buildings in Downtown Brooklyn that are just being completed this month and already have move-in dates for ALL affordable housing applicants set for November 1st. Meanwhile, this building has been under construction for over two years, started moving people into the building in June and they are only trickling in move-in dates. Where's the fairness in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery