Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 10:17 PM

3,159 posts, read 2,760,656 times

Advertisements

I feel so proud when I read of people fighting tooth and nail with BG and getting the apartments they're entitled to. Good work, peoples.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:56 AM

147 posts, read 87,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I'm out. I didn't survive the audit. No more apartments left - beat out by lower logs

Noooo Manner did you hear something official?! If so I’m sorry to hear that

Potted we get our keys 12/1 and will move over the course of December. Still working out details along with working full time & managing kids school schedule Ect packing/moving/holidays. It’s a good stress to have but man these next few weeks are going to be insane! Fingers crossed for no major snowstorms

Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLCJ17 View Post
Noooo Manner did you hear something official?! If so I’m sorry to hear that

Potted we get our keys 12/1 and will move over the course of December. Still working out details along with working full time & managing kids school schedule Ect packing/moving/holidays. It’s a good stress to have but man these next few weeks are going to be insane! Fingers crossed for no major snowstorms
I did what I always say not to do, call after having sent an email 10 minutes earlier -- and I was told that over the phone and that an email would follow.

I don't have the energy to be upset /dont want to bum people out on here who are hearing good news so I just decided to take a break from the forum /thread /"gang" before I turn into Aquarius

Congratulations to the recent victors

Old 11-16-2017, 08:34 AM

103 posts, read 99,416 times
Quote:
I did what I always say not to do, call after having sent an email 10 minutes earlier -- and I was told that over the phone and that an email would follow.

I don't have the energy to be upset /dont want to bum people out on here who are hearing good news so I just decided to take a break from the forum /thread /"gang" before I turn into Aquarius

Wait, I thought you were on the waitlist--now they're saying you're not even on that?? Man, these people! Toying with people's emotions. I totally understand taking a break, sorry to hear that

Old 11-16-2017, 08:34 AM

147 posts, read 87,787 times
Quote:

Aww Manner you aren’t bumming people out but it does indeed suck BUT do what you need to do be it stepping back for a break or forever. Take it easy my friend and wishing you the best of luck in all future endeavors.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:48 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu1704 View Post
Wait, I thought you were on the waitlist--now they're saying you're not even on that?? Man, these people! Toying with people's emotions. I totally understand taking a break, sorry to hear that
Oh, I mean, semantics, I guess I am technically wait-listed, because Im not denied (officially, they ran out of apartments) - Does every building keep a wait-list? I have no idea. Hunters Point (which Im also out of, by the way *income*) kept a wait list because they have thousands of apartments and tens of thousands applicants. Ashland might do direct marketing for affordable units after lease up completes but that is all just speculation on my part.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:49 AM

143 posts, read 126,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potted4 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been on this board on and off over the last NINE MONTHS! LOL.
I just want to say that after nine months of being on this emotional roller coaster, our family of 4 finally got approved for a 3 bedroom last week. I persisted and persisted and didn't leave the BG folks alone until our application reached HDC, and of course once it reached HDC in early October, they got backlogged with lower log number applications and put ours on hold for a month. It was pure agony. But man when we finally got THE CALL it felt like we had truly overcome a drawn out traumatic experience.

Marshabrady I really think you still have a good chance. We also had a lot of setbacks and had to repeal twice with BG. It just took a lot of effort to see this through. You guys still have a shot. Keep the hope alive.

Good luck everyone!
**** YEA! Potted, CONGRATS !!!

Old 11-16-2017, 03:28 PM

103 posts, read 99,416 times
Quote:
Oh, I mean, semantics, I guess I am technically wait-listed, because Im not denied (officially, they ran out of apartments) - Does every building keep a wait-list? I have no idea. Hunters Point (which Im also out of, by the way *income*) kept a wait list because they have thousands of apartments and tens of thousands applicants. Ashland might do direct marketing for affordable units after lease up completes but that is all just speculation on my part.
Ah, ok. I have no idea how any of that works but technically you're not out of the game so there's still a chance. I'll say a prayer someone decides to up and move to Newark or something and they call you up

And congratulations to Potted4!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:55 PM

38 posts, read 35,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
**** YEA! Potted, CONGRATS !!!
Thank you!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:57 PM

38 posts, read 35,530 times
Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear that Manner. You fought a very good fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.