Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,048,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I don’t know why, I was thinking of the one you’re waiting on.
The one I’m waiting on is about $1870 so that’s $3,740 up front - not bad for a one bedroom. The studio is less but not by much.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,869,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The one I’m waiting on is about $1870 so that’s $3,740 up front - not bad for a one bedroom. The studio is less but not by much.
Not bad at all

Old 11-15-2017, 06:56 PM

38 posts, read 35,503 times
Hi everyone,

I've been on this board on and off over the last NINE MONTHS! LOL.
I just want to say that after nine months of being on this emotional roller coaster, our family of 4 finally got approved for a 3 bedroom last week. I persisted and persisted and didn't leave the BG folks alone until our application reached HDC, and of course once it reached HDC in early October, they got backlogged with lower log number applications and put ours on hold for a month. It was pure agony. But man when we finally got THE CALL it felt like we had truly overcome a drawn out traumatic experience.

Marshabrady I really think you still have a good chance. We also had a lot of setbacks and had to repeal twice with BG. It just took a lot of effort to see this through. You guys still have a shot. Keep the hope alive.

Good luck everyone!

Old 11-15-2017, 07:11 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,869,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potted4 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just want to say that after nine months of being on this emotional roller coaster, our family of 4 finally got approved for a 3 bedroom last week. I persisted and persisted and didn't leave the BG folks alone until our application reached HDC, and of course once it reached HDC in early October, they got backlogged with lower log number applications and put ours on hold for a month. It was pure agony. But man when we finally got THE CALL it felt like we had truly overcome a drawn out traumatic experience.

Marshabrady I really think you still have a good chance. We also had a lot of setbacks and had to repeal twice with BG. It just took a lot of effort to see this through. You guys still have a shot. Keep the hope alive.

Good luck everyone!
Thank you Potted emotional rollcoaster is an understatement, it’s nice to hear others especially when they’ve been going on the same journey, come out on the other side, I really appreciate it and congratulations!

Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 PM

147 posts, read 87,709 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Good luck everyone!
Potter that’s amazing! Congratulations! Agreed it’s such an emotional rollercoaster but worth it. Marsha you are next!! Sending good news vibes to all the 250 gang still waiting to hear.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:23 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,317 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations, Potted

Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLCJ17 View Post
Potter that’s amazing! Congratulations! Agreed it’s such an emotional rollercoaster but worth it. Marsha you are next!! Sending good news vibes to all the 250 gang still waiting to hear.
Thank you! Do you know when you'll be moving in?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Congratulations, Potted
Thank you! Hope you move up that waitlist real quick!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Thank you Potted emotional rollcoaster is an understatement, it’s nice to hear others especially when they’ve been going on the same journey, come out on the other side, I really appreciate it and congratulations!

Thank you! I hope you get good news soon!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,317 times
Quote:
Thank you! Hope you move up that waitlist real quick!
I'm out. I didn't survive the audit. No more apartments left - beat out by lower logs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.