Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM

94 posts, read 173,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
By asking where you are in the process I'm trying to say that if you haven't gotten a letter from them you are in a pool with thousands of others. Once they contact you then you have a better chance of finding out what your chances are. Saying that, these folks usually aren't too forthcoming.
The non-profit doing this building, breaking ground, has a lot of buildings and a lot of applications to process. So if everyone contacted them it wouldn't be too productive for anyone.
Hi, you mean breaking ground manages this building now?

Old 08-08-2016, 10:21 AM

14 posts, read 38,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
Citydweller is correct. Breaking Ground manages the affordable housing portion of the building. I'm not sure about the Market rate

Old 08-08-2016, 10:24 AM

94 posts, read 173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCWin1 View Post
Citydweller is correct. Breaking Ground manages the affordable housing portion of the building. I'm not sure about the Market rate
Thank you.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:57 AM

272 posts, read 534,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
No they are doing the vetting of the low-income applicants. The buildings usually farm out this function.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:03 AM

I'm out guys. I got in contact with a rep yesterday. They were very nice and told me they would not reach my number for at least a few more months, if at all. We were already just about over and I am staring a new job with a $20k increase next month so I'm out. It really sucks that they don't have more Middle Income affordable housing. We barely qualified for this building and the only other one we've qualified for was LIC and the rent was over $4500, which is insane. Good luck to all of you I hope you get call backs.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:17 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
I'm out guys. I got in contact with a rep yesterday. They were very nice and told me they would not reach my number for at least a few more months, if at all. We were already just about over and I am staring a new job with a $20k increase next month so I'm out. It really sucks that they don't have more Middle Income affordable housing. We barely qualified for this building and the only other one we've qualified for was LIC and the rent was over $4500, which is insane. Good luck to all of you I hope you get call backs.
If you don't mind my asking, what was your log number?
You are right about middle income. I happen to be at the above range of middle income and I can barely find anything within these developments - they are far and few in between. But congratulations on your increase

Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
If you don't mind my asking, what was your log number?
You are right about middle income. I happen to be at the above range of middle income and I can barely find anything within these developments - they are far and few in between. But congratulations on your increase
My number was in the 7XXX range. I was top income for 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom

Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
My number was in the 7XXX range. I was top income for 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom
Did you have CB preference? Just wondering how these lotteries work lol

Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Did you have CB preference? Just wondering how these lotteries work lol
No I did not. The process is the same for generally each property. Although they do go down the list by number my 7XXX number might be called before a 2000 # depending on several circumstances. They might have more applicants for low-income apartments vs. Middle and in that case a Middle Class has a higher chance of getting called. For the LIC properties we were called and we had a log no of 64,XXX so you never know. I was still very hopeful with my 7XXX number but given the timing and change in income it isn't going to happen for me. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 PM

201 posts, read 292,067 times
Quote:
can you please share the contact information. I too would like to know a possibility, as my hopes are very high but I would like to at least know where I stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.