Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 AM

87 posts, read 140,561 times

Advertisements

I still apply to buildings that might not be in my bracket (under) now if the rent is like 1K and more then yea I know right off the back that's too much. I've been applying for different buildings for the past 4yrs and no one had gotten back to me until Ashland this yr. I was really starting to think if you already won a lottery that you wouldn't be eligible to win another lol. I'm just trying to secure something nice for myself and my child to enjoy, feel safe in and close to more transportation

Old 03-31-2017, 11:29 AM

31 posts, read 37,811 times
I moved in 461 dean about a month ago...The studio I live in is a G model, but for some reason I cant find the floor plan online. Its pretty spacious, it has a small living room area and a big bedroom..it feels like a 1 bedroom just without a door separating the rooms...only half a wall good for someone single or a couple I am anxious to see how my electric bill is going to look

Old 03-31-2017, 11:33 AM

115 posts, read 146,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
I moved in 461 dean about a month ago...The studio I live in is a G model, but for some reason I cant find the floor plan online. Its pretty spacious, it has a small living room area and a big bedroom..it feels like a 1 bedroom just without a door separating the rooms...only half a wall good for someone single or a couple I am anxious to see how my electric bill is going to look

Oh thank you for telling me that, then if that's the case I wouldn't mind (that is if there still anything left for me...LOL). It's just that I'm so use to having separation in living spaces that I wouldn't know what to do when it's all combined like that and the one they showed on the site looks so tiny. I also recently purchases a huge custom made kitchen island that I NEED to take with me and don't know if it would even fit . If I had known that I might be a contender for 461 Dean I wouldn't have ordered the kitchen island because that's was like a month's rent (I know it was a frivolous buy)....wahhhh!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 12:07 PM

Can I ask whomever is living there already, about the amenities? On apartments.com under the amenities that fitness programs are offered? Do they really have classes offered? Or is that not true?

Honestly, the anxiety of waiting to see if I made it in or not is killing me....I literally feel like I can't breathe...UGH!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Can I ask whomever is living there already, about the amenities? On apartments.com under the amenities that fitness programs are offered? Do they really have classes offered? Or is that not true?

Honestly, the anxiety of waiting to see if I made it in or not is killing me....I literally feel like I can't breathe...UGH!!!
I am not too sure about classes...but they have a gym, a yoga room, a play room, a game room, a huge lounge with a kitchen...and they are working on the sky lounge and terrace. I have no idea what they are doing with the art studio it looks empty..They also just opened the laundry room on the 7th floor.

Honestly the wait for this apartment gave me huge anxiety...but I didn't start getting anxious until my paperwork was sent to HDC. Prior to that I tried not to think about it and acted as if I never interviewed. It is easier said than done though.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Oh thank you for telling me that, then if that's the case I wouldn't mind (that is if there still anything left for me...LOL). It's just that I'm so use to having separation in living spaces that I wouldn't know what to do when it's all combined like that and the one they showed on the site looks so tiny. I also recently purchases a huge custom made kitchen island that I NEED to take with me and don't know if it would even fit . If I had known that I might be a contender for 461 Dean I wouldn't have ordered the kitchen island because that's was like a month's rent (I know it was a frivolous buy)....wahhhh!!!
The kitchens in these apartments are pretty good, new appliances, dish washer, and they have plenty of cabinets and decent counter space. I believe every kitchen has a different size depending on the size of the apartment... The only thing with my place is there isn't any room for a dining room table.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The kitchens in these apartments are pretty good, new appliances, dish washer, and they have plenty of cabinets and decent counter space. I believe every kitchen has a different size depending on the size of the apartment... The only thing with my place is there isn't any room for a dining room table.
Hmmm...if you don't have room for a dining table then I will definitely not have room for a huge kitchen island . Hahaha....I'm already talking as if I have an apartment...which I don't

Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM

57 posts, read 59,854 times
Quote:
http://streeteasy.com/building/461-d...t-brooklyn/26g

Your floor plan, I believe

Old 03-31-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificparkgirl View Post
No that isnt it.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
No that isnt it.
Probably because it's a modular building no two apartments are the same? So I guess if I'm as lucky as you guys and get something I'll just have to see for myself what they will assign me.

Can anyone tell me what will happen if my appeal is approved? I went it on Monday to appeal and after I met with the person he said that he will approve the appeal and pass my file to his supervisor then what happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery