Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 AM

115 posts, read 146,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
If you didn't apply to the building when the lottery was active then it won't appear on your list. Housing Connect used to show you all of the buildings, whether you applied or not but they changed the site.
Thanks for clarifying

Old 04-13-2017, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
anyone been denied by HDC? is it the same as Waitlist? If so can you appeal hdc?

Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 AM

Bummer....received an email from MHANY that I've been waitlisted. Do I continue to check every half a year to stay on? And who do I contact?

Old 04-14-2017, 01:09 PM

74 posts, read 93,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Bummer....received an email from MHANY that I've been waitlisted. Do I continue to check every half a year to stay on? And who do I contact?
It's been my understanding that that waitlist is only for leasing up for the initial round... at some point, I believe people get reassigned to a waitlist with Forrest City that will then be on file for the future, though I couldn't tell you how or when that transition happens. However, as long as they're still working through the initial round of leasing up, you could be pulled off the list.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM

That's the thing they never gave me any information since my appeal, not telling me if I won or what price band I was qualified for or any information...just an email telling me I'm waitlisted and it seemed like a lot of people before me (in this forum) had gotten more information, so I find it strange. I emailed them back and they told me that I fell in the 3rd band and that I will be on the waitlist from a year to five? I then called to clarify and the lady told me that yes I had been approved by MHANY and that they had already filled up my band and waitlisted, I asked if I should contact them or the building management every 6 months to stay on the list and she told me to contact MHANY every month to see if things had change because she said that sometimes people's salary has adjustments and might change things...so it sounds like you are right crwnhtsresident some people aren't confirmed yet and they are still trying to fill apartments. Oh well, I'll continue to check and see what happens. However, I asked were I was on the waitlist and she didn't know...so fingers crossed Lol

Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 PM

By the way crwnhtsresident the last we heard you said that you were approved by HDC? Did you get an apartment?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:31 AM

74 posts, read 93,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
By the way crwnhtsresident the last we heard you said that you were approved by HDC? Did you get an apartment?
STILL waiting for HDC approval... been almost 6 weeks... 3 weeks ago they requested more paperwork, then silence. Checked in with MHANY once, was told to be patient. I think I'm gonna start making some calls this week.... thanks for asking!

Old 04-17-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
STILL waiting for HDC approval... been almost 6 weeks... 3 weeks ago they requested more paperwork, then silence. Checked in with MHANY once, was told to be patient. I think I'm gonna start making some calls this week.... thanks for asking!
I hope you get in!!! As long as they are still processing tenants selection I will check up on my status every month and see if there are any changes. Now I'm just waiting for the log number to come out for 38th Sixth and see if I am luckier in that one...LOL. Well, good luck and let us know if anything changes for you

Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 PM

30 posts, read 39,243 times
Just checking in. I went in and signed my affidavits and submitted my paperwork to HDC.

The woman helping me was so incredibly nice. I told her how crappy my current living situation and I almost started crying when she mentioned how much of a blessing this would be if it came true. And I have a viewing booked for this week to see a 1 bedroom.

I'm crossing my fingers, I gave way more info than I needed to but I figured since I legitimately qualify I may as give as much info as possible.

Studios are apparently gone. There are no more available and I qualified for both a 1 bedroom and studio but the MHANY representative said none were left.

Anyway, at this point, I'm just gonna say a little prayer and hope I don't fall too much in love with the unit I view only to get rejected later.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:11 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,818 times
quote:
hope I don't fall too much in love with the unit I view only to get rejected later.

it's like daggers to the heart. trust me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery