Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 07:58 AM

115 posts, read 146,556 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I'm definitely out now ....just received an email from MHANY that they will not be able to process my file further because there are no more available apartments.....sad day .
However, I don't understand they said they picked my file for processing because of my log number and preference (which I didn't have at all) so is this just a general email that they send everyone even if they aren't in a preference group? So bummed now!!

Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 AM

35 posts, read 75,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Okay, so I'm definitely out now ....just received an email from MHANY that they will not be able to process my file further because there are no more available apartments.....sad day .
However, I don't understand they said they picked my file for processing because of my log number and preference (which I didn't have at all) so is this just a general email that they send everyone even if they aren't in a preference group? So bummed now!!
They send that to everyone. I got that letter by email in February, then I got it in the mail a week ago and now I got it again by email today. They are really rubbing it in lol. I got the message the 1st time.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavyairman View Post
They send that to everyone. I got that letter by email in February, then I got it in the mail a week ago and now I got it again by email today. They are really rubbing it in lol. I got the message the 1st time.

LOL...OMG that's horrible!! I hope they don keep sending it to me too, because I can't keep getting my heart broken..hahaha.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:57 AM

30 posts, read 39,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
hope I don't fall too much in love with the unit I view only to get rejected later.

it's like daggers to the heart. trust me
I'm not familiar with your story?

What happened?

Old 04-18-2017, 10:05 AM

35 posts, read 75,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
LOL...OMG that's horrible!! I hope they don keep sending it to me too, because I can't keep getting my heart broken..hahaha.
A week before I got the 1st waitlist letter, I sent an email to HDC complaining about MHANY and their process, timeline, etc.
A week later I receive an email from HDC saying MHANY waitlisted me, then the next day, MHANY emails my waitlist letter. Coincidence??? hmmm lol.
It's all good, just gave me more time to work out some other stuff financially.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:07 AM

114 posts, read 180,261 times
I've gotten about 4 separate rejection letters and e-mails from 461 Dean. Mind you, this is in addition to the one I got months ago that stopped me from caring. But boy, they are putting a fine point on it! Good luck to you all—I actually just moved into a perfectly nice 1BR that doesn't cost much more than what I would've paid there!

Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM

I guess, I'll expect more letters coming my way then....LOL. Now do I continue to check with them on staying on the waitlist? Or should I try with the building management instead? Maybe I would have better luck with them than I would with MHANY, because honestly I feel that MHANY didn't really do a great job on handling the applications.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:55 PM

37 posts, read 71,133 times
Got the notification that I was on the 461 Dean waiting list, but just took my name off the waiting list as I have found housing elsewhere. Good luck all

Old 04-18-2017, 04:53 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,860,151 times
Add me to the person who was informed FOUR times. Twice via email, and once in the mail a few months ago, and then again this week. When I saw the letter from MHANY in my mailbox I got SO damn excited I started shaking thinking I was pulled off the waitlist, or maybe they made an error, only to receive the same exact waitlist letter they previously sent. Cruel incompetent morons.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:49 PM

71 posts, read 118,560 times
38 Sixth Ave log numbers have been released. ...52,xxxx. I'm done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery