Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 04:28 PM

5 posts, read 7,029 times

Advertisements

lol i dont know why people still hoping to get a spot in Dean st honestly. People just give up , the list for Dean st, too many people applied and only those white rich folks or hipsters going to get accepted. Especially that donald trump going into office this friday, this country going to be so divided. believe me.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:55 PM

20 posts, read 46,698 times
Please don't be discouraged ! - Ignore the negative energy, keep your frequency high without doubt !!

Good Luck to all STILL wishing you all the best <3 (I'm in Carlton lottery and your forum has helped me and a whole lot others thus far)

Old 01-18-2017, 07:59 PM

114 posts, read 180,363 times
If anyone feels comfortable sharing the first couple of digits of their log, it might help explain the order they're going in. I was CB pref, log #5,XXXX

Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,466,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip_612 View Post
lol i dont know why people still hoping to get a spot in Dean st honestly. People just give up , the list for Dean st, too many people applied and only those white rich folks or hipsters going to get accepted. Especially that donald trump going into office this friday, this country going to be so divided. believe me.
This is an uninformed post. If you haven't received a rejection letter, you're still in this lottery. Period. End of story. They are very fast with the rejection letters. And "...rich folks" won't qualify, regardless of race. "Hipsters" with low incomes might, if they have a decent log number and meet the other stringent qualifications. And honestly, the Donald has got nothing to do with this. Would people please stop posting idiotic information? It doesn't help anyone. For reasons that will likely forever remain unknown, this building is experiencing a delay -- it's either something with building itself, or the added requirement of having to give some preference to qualified people living in shelters. Just wait it out and try to relax.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:01 PM

132 posts, read 178,595 times
I was 2XX no prefference.

I have no choice but to remain hopeful, positive vibes and prayers only!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:13 AM

16 posts, read 33,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving415 View Post
this is an uninformed post. If you haven't received a rejection letter, you're still in this lottery. Period. End of story. They are very fast with the rejection letters. And "...rich folks" won't qualify, regardless of race. "hipsters" with low incomes might, if they have a decent log number and meet the other stringent qualifications. And honestly, the donald has got nothing to do with this. Would people please stop posting idiotic information? It doesn't help anyone. For reasons that will likely forever remain unknown, this building is experiencing a delay -- it's either something with building itself, or the added requirement of having to give some preference to qualified people living in shelters. Just wait it out and try to relax.
👍

Old 01-19-2017, 10:11 AM

155 posts, read 187,277 times
Patience, patience, patience. Just go about your business. The time will come.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 PM

56 posts, read 88,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
Hi everyone,

I was interviewed back in August as well, signed paper work for HDC in October and got approved in the middle of December. I was then called about a week or so later asking if I wanted a 1 or 2 year lease. Its been about 3 weeks since then and still haven't gotten a call about it. Not sure what to do exactly besides wait lol I don't even know who to contact to follow up since it is now out of MHANYs hands.

P.S. I do have CB preference.
Forest City has to send your lease to First Service Residential now. So you are waiting for the call from First Service Residential to schedule your lease signing. Unfortunately it is all a waiting game

Old 01-19-2017, 01:01 PM

71 posts, read 118,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
I asked again and they told me that no mail has been sent out to me. Which means that I just have to keep waiting.

Again, I think only preffed people are being taken in right now. You guys are so blessed, I hope everything goes smoothly! Maybe us non preffed people will hear some good news soon too. Thanks for continuing to share your experiences with us.
Denisep,

So far you have the lowest non-prefer log number I have seen on this forum so far. Your callback will be an indicator for all of us non-prefs to stay on the lookout. I will return back to this forum mid-Feb.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:39 PM

31 posts, read 37,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynresident5 View Post
Forest City has to send your lease to First Service Residential now. So you are waiting for the call from First Service Residential to schedule your lease signing. Unfortunately it is all a waiting game
Thank you for the information! I wasn't quite sure how the process goes once it is out of MHANYs hands. I'm guessing they take their time doing this since its almost been a month and I haven't gotten a call yet. This has been a LONG process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery