Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 07:00 PM

31 posts, read 33,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
That said, if they've filled up on the unit that you qualify for, we don't know, you don't know, and they won't tell you. That's why I've been telling people to go in. It's the only way to find out.
yeah, i guess we'll see

Old 01-29-2017, 07:53 PM

155 posts, read 187,192 times
Have you got your lease signing done ? I'm still waiting on the coordinator to call me back Monday or Tuesday.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:32 AM

132 posts, read 178,520 times
Quote:
That said, if they've filled up on the unit that you qualify for, we don't know, you don't know, and they won't tell you. That's why I've been telling people to go in. It's the only way to find out.
this is my fear too The woman who interview me said that my paper work was entirely in order and thanked me for being so organized. The only thing that worried her was my income qualifications. I am not sure if she said that the income worried her because I was not qualified / she couldn't tell at a glance OR if it was because she was concerned that my bracket was full

Old 01-30-2017, 08:48 AM

44 posts, read 119,962 times
Anyone here have any luck with getting a appeal approved after the date requested to be contacted? this is for 535 Carlton but I know people in this forum have been going through this process for the longest time. I tried to speak to a supervisor over the phone but she was no help at all.

The short version is my mail is horrible. Just getting a letter now from late December, we selected email as our preferred method of contact. I also contacted them for a status update via email in which they said applications were still being reviewed. No mention of a rejection or any letter being sent. Plus they LOST my files. I know for a fact I provided (saying I provided checking account and no savings?!?). Feeling pretty hopeless. I dont know if a formal letter will do any good.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:12 AM

If they lost your file. That's on their end. You can either resubmit your paperwork or go in the office and see what's going on.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:21 AM

They are claiming they didn't lose it, that we never submitted it. Thats not true, I know we did. I quadruple checked our file because I know how important it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
If they lost your file. That's on their end. You can either resubmit your paperwork or go in the office and see what's going on.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:34 AM

114 posts, read 180,293 times
Elle T., did you get a checklist from your intake worker at the interview? It should serve as a kind of "receipt" for what you submitted. They gave me one at my 535 Carlton intake. That's the only thing I can think of. I'm so sorry. I'm now worried bc I had mail problems like you, and made a point to get a person on the record as saying they hadn't rejected me/sent any letters. If they're just going to ignore that...

Old 01-30-2017, 12:37 PM

The "receipt" is very important, that is your vital piece of document for everything. If you have that from your intake interview, that's your proof. You bring that in and it's on their end. Best way is to go to the office and get it straightened out, the phone calls is the last resort to go to. There's only one administrator that picks up the phone calls. I did this twice and it is effective, but I do not blame them since they are doing all the paperwork manually. I'm surprised they won't do this electronically. But at the end, here I am about to sign the lease on 2/02. If you really want the apartment, you got to fight for it and show effort, despite the nuisances.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 PM

I did it shows that all of the documents were checked however they are claiming that we did not summit ALL of our bank statements for all accounts which is false. I am going to move on though it has caused me too much stress and anxiety. Thanks for all the help though!! gL everyone.

Quote:
Elle T., did you get a checklist from your intake worker at the interview? It should serve as a kind of "receipt" for what you submitted. They gave me one at my 535 Carlton intake. That's the only thing I can think of. I'm so sorry. I'm now worried bc I had mail problems like you, and made a point to get a person on the record as saying they hadn't rejected me/sent any letters. If they're just going to ignore that...

Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
Hi guys can anyone shed some light on how the income requirements/finances are calculated??

I'm completely new to this site forgive me if this is the wrong forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.