Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 01:04 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times

Advertisements

I didn't send it via snail mail because I heard back from them via email about the appeal interview. Perhaps I should send it anyway.. I had it all ready to take the post office via certified mail right before I got an email back. I guess that is considered "in writing?"

I doubt you will have to resubmit everything.. They should still have it there. Just sounds like you got a rejection letter from a stupid error.

Sending you lots of positive energy for this btw

Old 10-02-2016, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,915 times
This also happened to me recently (thurs to be exact) so I went back to the office where I had my interview and they told me its a discrepancy and to disregard..The lady checked my file and said everything was good..Hope this helps!

Old 10-02-2016, 05:52 PM

56 posts, read 93,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFly View Post
This also happened to me recently (thurs to be exact) so I went back to the office where I had my interview and they told me its a discrepancy and to disregard..The lady checked my file and said everything was good..Hope this helps!
Thanks. I emailed management and planned on sending a letter by mail as well. Do you think going there is better? I can go by tomorrow. I took the day off for the holiday. How is it a discrepancy? Yikes!

Old 10-02-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I didn't send it via snail mail because I heard back from them via email about the appeal interview. Perhaps I should send it anyway.. I had it all ready to take the post office via certified mail right before I got an email back. I guess that is considered "in writing?"

I doubt you will have to resubmit everything.. They should still have it there. Just sounds like you got a rejection letter from a stupid error.

Sending you lots of positive energy for this btw
Thanks for the positive vibes. I need it. Good luck to you too. I hope we all get to be neighbors soon.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:00 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
I don't think you have to go there if you are able to get someone on the phone. Also always remember to get the name of whoever you speak with on the phone (that usually goes without saying, but I feel like most people forget... myself included! I have off tomorrow from work and want to call them and ask if I can come in for my appeal interview, otherwise I have to use my lunch hour at work and probably go over quite a bit. I actually wound up finding my birth certificate, so no need to go pick one up in person. I went food shopping at Stop & Shop by Barclays today and then I sat on the stairs in front of the atlantic center mall and just ogled this building, I am completely fascinated by it.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:14 PM

You don't have an appointment scheduled? I don't think I'll be going by the office. That seems too much. I'll just send the letter by mail in the afternoon if I don't receive an email reply to the same letter. The building looks great to me. I've read blogs where people say it's ugly. The studio floor plans look unusual. I'll gladly take anything

Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 2,915 times
I don't think you need to go there either I only went because I don't live too far from the office. Just give them a call and I'm sure they would be able to clear things up..

Old 10-02-2016, 09:29 PM

186 posts, read 264,323 times
I hope it goes well for you all. It does make me worried about the process now. I had my interview on August 17th and now worry about the paperwork they may or may not have processed. Seems like a lot slips through the cracks.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:53 PM

74 posts, read 93,433 times
FYI - just checking in. Haven't heard anything in the last couple weeks, since I appealed my initial rejection (which wasn't thru the appeal process, but by getting angry and arguing with a supervisor... which may have been effective, but may not recommend to any of you getting rejections at this stage).

Just a thought, regarding the building - I know a lot of us have been looking at the floor plans posted online, and in reviewing them, I noticed that they only account for a part of the overall building footprint. That is to say - I feel like these are not representative of the apartments that the lottery will be offering. They are clearly the floor plans for specific rental units, as the numbers and floors are given. Clearly, we will be offered others that aren't on this map. Just an observation.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
FYI - just checking in. Haven't heard anything in the last couple weeks, since I appealed my initial rejection (which wasn't thru the appeal process, but by getting angry and arguing with a supervisor... which may have been effective, but may not recommend to any of you getting rejections at this stage).

Just a thought, regarding the building - I know a lot of us have been looking at the floor plans posted online, and in reviewing them, I noticed that they only account for a part of the overall building footprint. That is to say - I feel like these are not representative of the apartments that the lottery will be offering. They are clearly the floor plans for specific rental units, as the numbers and floors are given. Clearly, we will be offered others that aren't on this map. Just an observation.
What were you rejected for? How was the appeal process? Do they let you know the status of the appeal?
I understand the lottery apartments will not be the same as the rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery