Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 07:04 AM

36 posts, read 60,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
FYI - just checking in. Haven't heard anything in the last couple weeks, since I appealed my initial rejection (which wasn't thru the appeal process, but by getting angry and arguing with a supervisor... which may have been effective, but may not recommend to any of you getting rejections at this stage).

Just a thought, regarding the building - I know a lot of us have been looking at the floor plans posted online, and in reviewing them, I noticed that they only account for a part of the overall building footprint. That is to say - I feel like these are not representative of the apartments that the lottery will be offering. They are clearly the floor plans for specific rental units, as the numbers and floors are given. Clearly, we will be offered others that aren't on this map. Just an observation.

I noticed the same thing. It looks like certain "columns" of apartments rising through different parts of the building are dedicated to market rate, and so other columns that are not listed at 461dean.com must be set aside for affordable housing. So we haven't seen any floorplans yet for the apartments we are aspiring for. I think this is good, as it means apartments of various rental rates will be interspersed throughout the building. Looking at the blank spaces left I assume that the affordable floorplans will vary as widely as the market rate ones.

Good luck with the appeal crwnhtsresident!

Old 10-03-2016, 07:06 AM

36 posts, read 60,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
I hope it goes well for you all. It does make me worried about the process now. I had my interview on August 17th and now worry about the paperwork they may or may not have processed. Seems like a lot slips through the cracks.
I have the same fear. I moved apartments since initially applying for 461 Dean and though I've updated my profile in the website and told them in person, I worry it also got lost in the shuffle. I keep asking my old landlord to let me know when any mail comes :0

Old 10-03-2016, 08:59 AM

91 posts, read 136,730 times
Question: Has anyone received a rejection letter that was dated later than September 23rd?

I am curious because I know many on the forum are nervous about letters and not receiving mail, but from what those who received rejection letters have posted on here, September 23rd seems to be the last round of rejection letters that went out.

Also, for those with rejection letters that say they didn't schedule or show up for their appointment, when you arrived at the office did you find your name on the sign in sheet and sign off in front of a MHANY employee?

I saw that a few people were assumed to not be present when I went for my interview because they didn't come up to the podium and officially sign in, but I made sure someone was present at the desk and checked me off themselves and confirmed my time in and appointment time.

I hope the appeals work for you all.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:16 AM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
I think i've checked my email 40 times today already waiting to hear about for a rescheduled interview.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:26 AM

246 posts, read 486,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I think i've checked my email 40 times today already waiting to hear about for a rescheduled interview.

maybe you should call as well, and take down the persons name that sets up your reschedule interview

Old 10-03-2016, 06:38 PM

8 posts, read 12,597 times
Just got a rejection letter dated September 23rd, (which was the date of my interview) that said I was rejected for failed attempts to reach out to me for an interview. Of course, I went to the interview and have proof that I did with the Intake Checklist form. I remember the name of the woman who interviewed me as well. So--now I'm flummoxed.

I emailed the office but this would be the 10 day mark for the appeal (unless they do adhere to 10 business days, in which case I do have until the end of this week).

I'm not sure why it would say that I failed to respond when I turned everything in and the intake person reassured me that everything looked good. I see that some other person on this thread had the same issue. I'm wondering if I should just go into the office and talk to them and bring back all of my documents just in case--(I kept second copies of everything).

this is so crushing! At least when I saw the reason they gave for rejection, I knew it wasn't accurate, but don't know how to proceed. If the letter was sent out the date of my interview, it doesn't make sense.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,589,702 times
If I were you I would go to the office in person, as soon as possible. This must be a case where you got a letter intended for someone else. But this doesn't inspire confidence in the record keeping going on in that place!

Also, this isn't an appeal. An appeal is when all your documents are analyzed and you're rejected for some reason. This seems to me to be a simple mistake.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:39 AM

6,692 posts, read 6,045,403 times
What a bummer, boerumhillbilly!

I think you should follow macnyc2003's advice and very soon!

Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 AM

91 posts, read 136,730 times
Yes, this sucks @boerumhillbilly.

I'd go, I'd call, I'd email, Id do whatever I had to.

Everyone who reached out, be sure to include your log# so that they can track all correspondence easily if they need to look back for something they've missed.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:20 AM

246 posts, read 486,049 times
boerumhillbilly that is nuts. I think you should go down to the office, call, email, stalk. do what you have to do because they dropped the ball big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery