Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 03:04 PM

57 posts, read 59,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGT22 View Post
Are any utilities included in the rent?
Heat, water, trash is included.

AC and electricity is not.

We can control our AC.

There is no gas in the apt building.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
Hi everyone,

So just wanted to update everyone, after a lot of thinking between my husband and myself we have decided to turn down the 461 dean apt. We have to do what is best for our family. And the 2 bedroom we were offered is not it. It is way too small for a family to live and grow. In the same price range, granted in a less "desireable" neighborhood we can find something 2 times the size. Something we can grow in, not these tiny apartments. I may sound ungrateful since lottery apts are so hard to get but its just not for us. I hope someone on the waitlist gets bumped up and given this apt. Someone who can truly enjoy it..good luck to everyone!
Which 2 bedroom were you offered? F line or J line? How old are your kids? And are you absolutely sure?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
I just moved into 461 Dean today. I will say the concierge is great, staff is fantastic, and the amenities are awesome. My one bedroom apartment far exceeded my expectations.

Perfect for single people with nieces and nephews!
Which layout did you get?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:25 PM

40 posts, read 50,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificparkgirl View Post
Which 2 bedroom were you offered? F line or J line? How old are your kids? And are you absolutely sure?
F line, she said it was the last two bedroom available. My son is a toddler and his bedroom would be on the other side of the apt. I also didnt like that both bathrooms are inside bedrooms, so any guests would have to go thru a room, not a fan. Yes, I definitely sure. Im actually going to see some places this week.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
F line, she said it was the last two bedroom available. My son is a toddler and his bedroom would be on the other side of the apt. I also didnt like that both bathrooms are inside bedrooms, so any guests would have to go thru a room, not a fan. Yes, I definitely sure. Im actually going to see some places this week.
I don't have kids so I don't know. Yes, I realized that about the F line in regards to the bathroom, and thus chose the J line instead. Its still not a bad deal...I thought considering its a doorman building and with all the amenities and ALSO being so so close to the subway and shopping. I am not familiar about the schools around there.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I don't have kids so I don't know. Yes, I realized that about the F line in regards to the bathroom, and thus chose the J line instead. Its still not a bad deal...I thought considering its a doorman building and with all the amenities and ALSO being so so close to the subway and shopping. I am not familiar about the schools around there.
You have a two bedroom as well? I have those amenities where I am now, its all about space for me. The area is why I was holding out but there is just no way to make that tiny apartment work for us. You can't even fit a dining table in there. Definitely, not fit for a family

Old 03-05-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
You have a two bedroom as well? I have those amenities where I am now, its all about space for me. The area is why I was holding out but there is just no way to make that tiny apartment work for us. You can't even fit a dining table in there. Definitely, not fit for a family
You are absolutely correct. You can't fit a dining room table. It makes sense and I agree with you, in terms of a growing family.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:32 PM

71 posts, read 118,438 times
Quote:
Last two bedroom available in your income range? Or last 2 bedroom available as a whole for affordable housing?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
Last two bedroom available in your income range? Or last 2 bedroom available as a whole for affordable housing?
I have no idea. I asked if there were any other models I could see and she said, "nope, this is the last one available."

Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 AM

186 posts, read 264,112 times
Quote:
Which layout did you get?
I got the one bedroom A model. It's my favorite model because of the layout and the hallway separating the bedroom and living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery