Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 PM

35 posts, read 75,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
why do i torture myself checking back into this thread daily?!
LOL. you and me both.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,863,681 times
hahhaahha. I'm glad I am not the only one! Everyone in my life who I have shared this lottery drama with has been like, oh don't worry, there's many more lotteries and you will get a shot at those and I wan't to scream, but it didn't GET THAT CLOSE and the lottery agencies (like actual lotteries?) don't tell you, oh you're ALMOST THERE! ALMOST THERE! And make you jump through a gazillion hoops and and at the last minute say, sorry you had the right numbers but sooooo many more people before you did so you didn't REALLY win this lottery.

This might help. Listen up. STOP CALLING IT A LOTTERY! I think it also does a disservice because people now apply to EVERY SINGLE LOTTERY just to get the thrill of their log number popping up a few months later. But when more and more and more people apply just for ****s and giggles and a dopamine rush of seeing their lottery number appear when called it makes the "random pulling" origination MUCH harder for everyone chance wise.

There should be a way to automatically weed out applicants BEFORE log #'s are pulled. Because in this system let's say you do qualify, but still pull a log number of 75,000 out of 100,000, but half of those log #'s are bogus you are SCREWED when it gets whittled down to income bands.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:33 PM

155 posts, read 187,277 times
Make suggestions...you never know that can actually happen. It's still quiet here in the building.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:35 PM

40 posts, read 50,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Make suggestions...you never know that can actually happen. It's still quiet here in the building.
Hey, question for you....How long after your paperwork was submitted to hdc did you hear back??

Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,399 times
Default interview

Hi guys. This is my first time posting..i just read about 100 pages...lol thanks for all the info, but i haven't really seen anything about what kind of questions do they ask you, besides verifying all your info? do they ask you about past living situations, landlords etc or just current? how long is the interview? I was just scheduled for an interview my nr. is in the low 5xxs, but income changed a lot due to a lot of O.T...lol which is not relevant for this year but idk how they will look at it..so idk if i have any chances but i will try my luck i guess.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 PM

71 posts, read 118,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreea View Post
Hi guys. This is my first time posting..i just read about 100 pages...lol thanks for all the info, but i haven't really seen anything about what kind of questions do they ask you, besides verifying all your info? do they ask you about past living situations, landlords etc or just current? how long is the interview? I was just scheduled for an interview my nr. is in the low 5xxs, but income changed a lot due to a lot of O.T...lol which is not relevant for this year but idk how they will look at it..so idk if i have any chances but i will try my luck i guess.
Dreea, are you in any pref group? Also, is this your first interview or secondm

Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
Dreea, are you in any pref group? Also, is this your first interview or secondm
not in any group...and it would be the first one

Old 02-27-2017, 05:11 PM

86 posts, read 104,408 times
I'm curious to what bands they are trying to fill.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:28 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,863,681 times
If it's for all the non preference people, there SHOULD theoretically be an equal proportion alloted to them that were alloted to CB pref people.. Seems like they are working on non-preference people (like 37% of the allotted apartments). And yeah of course the middle income bands are going to get filled up super fast as well. The Mayor is ready to drop a bomb tomorrow involving these lotteries and homelessness... be warned if you are in these lotteries as your chances are going to diminish almost completely if you aren't "in the system and homeless".

Old 02-28-2017, 09:58 AM

155 posts, read 187,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
Hey, question for you....How long after your paperwork was submitted to hdc did you hear back??
About 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery