Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 09:52 AM

16 posts, read 23,526 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all of you. I have an in person meeting tomorrow and hopefully some of my questions will be answered there. Thanks for the note about TD Bank I will definitely keep that in mind. Luckily for me they pay me through venmo so i have the transaction shistory that shows it was for rent. I just really have no idea where they got that number from.

I also asked if this would effect my spot in line for the housing and they said it wouldn't which is good news.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
That is good news! Best of luck, and please let us know how you do tomorrow.

Also, if you do need anything notarized, most banks will handle simple requests. I know Chase does. But not wills or anything complicated like that.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,531,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytomovein2 View Post
It's just flat out wrong. I think the issue is that i pay the rent for all of my roommates and they give me their money which makes it look like i have a lot of money in my account which isn't the case.

How are you guys getting in touch with the office, i keep getting voicemail and i am trying to schedule an appeal.
You will need to explain the money in your account- do you let it stay in your account or do you write a check right away? They could be looking at what you say your rent is (did you put down just what you pay and not the total rent?) and what is in your account.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:28 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
Readytomove2 probably was required to hand in a copy of his or her lease at the beginning of the process. So the developer would see clearly what the rent is.

You make a good point about leaving the money in the account, though.

I'm leaning toward thinking this is a simple mistake, and they simply copied a number from a different person's form! We'll see!

Old 10-11-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
You will need to explain the money in your account- do you let it stay in your account or do you write a check right away? They could be looking at what you say your rent is (did you put down just what you pay and not the total rent?) and what is in your account.
I included the lease which is the total amount

Old 10-11-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Readytomove2 probably was required to hand in a copy of his or her lease at the beginning of the process. So the developer would see clearly what the rent is.

You make a good point about leaving the money in the account, though.

I'm leaning toward thinking this is a simple mistake, and they simply copied a number from a different person's form! We'll see!

I'm hoping this is the case, with the previous mistakes they have made it's very possible! Fingers crossed.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:04 PM

91 posts, read 136,770 times
How exhausting and stressful for you Ready2! Hoping appeal goes well!

I've got a few thoughts with regard to these rejections:

1. Has anyone received a rejection letter that came from the city in regards to income, or is this all coming from the management company?

I thought the appeals process was on an HPD level, but I haven't heard anyone tell me they are receiving rejection letters from the city.

2. I thought that the management company checks your information, gather intake documents, then sends it off to HPD and HPD calculates income and sends rejections. This doesn't seem like the process happening at all. Perhaps I've been confused.

3. It's odd that not a single person has heard an approval yet. Just as they can see who to reject, they must see who makes the cut.

All so confusing. What I will say is, if the apartment is for me, it's for me.
I still have faith that all will go well.
But if I find out that I've received a rejection and go through an appeal process and still don't get approval, I won't emotionally invest into this the same ever again.

The process has many steps and clearly bumps in the road, but it doesn't have to take my emotions with it ever again. Life's hard enough as it is.

This feels more like the Miss America pageant than a lottery. Lottery numbers let you know you're a loser in a few days. lol.

Hoping more of us on this thread make it into the building than it currently stands.

Apartment approval dust to all of you! (aka a little tinker bell like dust of positivity)

Old 10-11-2016, 12:16 PM

OK, How about a roll call?

Let's see how many of us in this thread are still in the running SO FAR.

RULES FOR THE ROLL CALL:

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REJECTION LETTER

OR

RECEIVED ONE OF THE REJECTION LETTERS THAT STATED YOU WERE REJECTED DUE TO FAILURE FOR SHOWING UP BUT THEY TOLD YOU TO DISREGARD THE LETTER AND YOUR PAPERWORK IS STILL IN THE RUNNING

PLEASE QUOTE THIS POST AND RESPOND W/ THE FOLLOWING:

Intake mtg date:
CB Preference:
Log#:
Statement: IE: "No letter,no rejection" "incorrect letter, dismissed, stilin running, etc"

Last edited by CJ725; 10-11-2016 at 01:39 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 PM

Intake date: 8/17/16
CB Preference: 2
LOG#: 7XX

No letter in the mail, no rejection, still in the running so far as of today's mail 10/11/2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj725 View Post
ok, how about a roll call? Let's see how many of us in this thread are still in the running so far.

Rules:

If you have not received a rejection letter

or

received one of the rejection letters that stated you were rejected due to failure for showing up but they told you to disregard the letter and your paperwork is still in the running

please quote this post and respond.

Last edited by CJ725; 10-11-2016 at 01:35 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM

36 posts, read 60,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
OK, How about a roll call? Let's see how many of us in this thread are still in the running SO FAR.

RULES:

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REJECTION LETTER

OR

RECEIVED ONE OF THE REJECTION LETTERS THAT STATED YOU WERE REJECTED DUE TO FAILURE FOR SHOWING UP BUT THEY TOLD YOU TO DISREGARD THE LETTER AND YOUR PAPERWORK IS STILL IN THE RUNNING

PLEASE QUOTE THIS POST AND RESPOND.
Roll call is a good idea. I am still in the running as far as I know (interviewed August 17, log# 2xxx, CB pref), but I moved since applying and my old landlord might have misplaced a rejection letter (MHANY cannot update my address)

Last edited by phaha; 10-11-2016 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery