Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 AM

56 posts, read 93,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
so i went to sign off some paperwork yesterday which is being sent off to hdc and viewing an apartment next week i wonder if anyone knows how long does it usually take hdc to go over our documents and give a response?
Congrats! Did you ask them how long it takes? How big of an apartment are you getting? That's really exciting.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:44 AM

15 posts, read 25,753 times
Congrats Vane! Super excited for you!
As for me, haven't received a rejection letter as of yesterday, so I'm still in the running (I hope). Hoping they call the rest of us soon.

Let us know how the viewing off the apartment goes next week. We will live vicariously through you......lol.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:25 AM

91 posts, read 136,697 times
Hello Vane,

You'refurther along in the process than most of us but from other boards, they say HDC takes about a 1- 2 weeks to respond.

If you signed documents that are actually going to HDC for approval, the papers would have had the unit number, the apartment size, the cost, the names of each individual registered to live in the apartment, etc all on the forms.

Are you sure that's what you signed?

Many of us signed multiple documents on our initial interviews as well, but these are separate documents from that.

If so, the apartment is practically yours.
HDC would have to come up with a different calculation of your income than the management staff did, to reject you. Management uses HDC written guidelines to get the number, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
so i went to sign off some paperwork yesterday which is being sent off to hdc and viewing an apartment next week i wonder if anyone knows how long does it usually take hdc to go over our documents and give a response?

Old 10-14-2016, 09:44 AM

22 posts, read 34,315 times
Hello everyone, I also applied to this apartment and went on an interview back in August. My log number is in the low 6K range however I have CB preference hence the reason I was called back for an interview. My employer just received an employment verification from 461 Dean. However I received a raise September 1 and I'm unsure if my new salary is listed. I have a 7 yo son and the apartment is for him and I. My salary actually falls in the bracket for 3 people to a household. Do I even have a chance?! I wish I didn't get the raise now

Old 10-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissIndependent89 View Post
Hello everyone, I also applied to this apartment and went on an interview back in August. My log number is in the low 6K range however I have CB preference hence the reason I was called back for an interview. My employer just received an employment verification from 461 Dean. However I received a raise September 1 and I'm unsure if my new salary is listed. I have a 7 yo son and the apartment is for him and I. My salary actually falls in the bracket for 3 people to a household. Do I even have a chance?! I wish I didn't get the raise now
OMG! Can you ask HR for a copy? They don't have your new pay stubs? I would have asked to postpone my raise. That is brutal...I hope it works out.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 AM

I had HR send my what they sent to them. The raise is fairly new however I heard that with these apartments if you're over 2 cents they will turn you away. Ughhhhh I'm hoping it works out because I really want this. I also applied for 330 Eagle street and my documents were sent over to HPD for approval. Either one I get I'll be very grateful

Old 10-14-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissIndependent89 View Post
I had HR send my what they sent to them. The raise is fairly new however I heard that with these apartments if you're over 2 cents they will turn you away. Ughhhhh I'm hoping it works out because I really want this. I also applied for 330 Eagle street and my documents were sent over to HPD for approval. Either one I get I'll be very grateful
At least you know what they sent. Hope for the best. They ask for your current salary on the form? The process takes so long and things can change in that time. It's been 6 months since we applied. I received a raise in that time as well. 330 Eagle is nice too. I had a log number of 250-ish and didn't even get an interview. There were very few apartments in my income range though and I don't have cb preference. Good luck!

Old 10-14-2016, 10:42 AM

Yes the entire process is very long and nerve racking. They asked for my current salary. What do these apartments expect?! We are likely to get a raise since the cost to live in NYC is at an all time high. My number for 330 Eagle was in the low 700s and I was called for an interview. I was told that I qualified for 2 bedrooms. I just hope for something soon. Best to luck to you!!!!

Old 10-14-2016, 10:51 AM

Thanks! It's not looking good though. HR hasn't received an employment verification for me and I was one of last to interview. I have a very high log number. Best of luck!

Old 10-14-2016, 11:03 AM

18 posts, read 25,914 times
Does anyone know how long it takes for the Hdc approval ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery