Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 07:18 PM

50 posts, read 79,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynresident5 View Post
Once the file is sent to HDC they just again verify that you meet the income range etc. HDC does not care about your credit report, the developer does. But please note that the developer/management company wouldn't have sent your file to HDC to begin with if they expect/want you to be rejected... those not moving forward would receive a rejection letter and not get called in to sign any TIC forms (forms to be sent to the city for final approval)

Also, a unit is assigned because when they send your file to the city they have to select a unit beforehand. I am speaking from working in the industry and being someone who used to send low income apps to the city for approval as well as interview potential tenants etcs
Thank u for clarifying at the end of the day it's a good thing we got called for a second interview so I'm going to keep my hopes up

Old 10-12-2016, 07:27 PM

186 posts, read 264,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynresident5 View Post
Once the file is sent to HDC they just again verify that you meet the income range etc. HDC does not care about your credit report, the developer does. But please note that the developer/management company wouldn't have sent your file to HDC to begin with if they expect/want you to be rejected... those not moving forward would receive a rejection letter and not get called in to sign any TIC forms (forms to be sent to the city for final approval)

Also, a unit is assigned because when they send your file to the city they have to select a unit beforehand. I am speaking from working in the industry and being someone who used to send low income apps to the city for approval as well as interview potential tenants etcs
Great information Brooklyn! Thank you for responding. I must say, I'm getting worried now that people are getting calls and I haven't heard anything yet. (But I am happy to hear some of you are moving forward!!)

Do you think some calls are still going out? I had one of the earlier intake dates and a really low log number. I would just hope I would've been rejected by now if I wasn't going onto the next stage.

Thanks everybody for posting on this thread, it has been very informative!

Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 PM

114 posts, read 180,347 times
Well, my congratulations to all of you who are getting calls! Seriously! I'm jealous, but all in due time.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:55 PM

4 posts, read 6,617 times
hi Aquarius. Brklyn transplant.

Did y'all receive phone calls to go sign papers
or was it mail or email ?

Many folks here are worried about missing mail.
But maybe will rest easier if we can confirm y'all received phone calls.
thanks !!

Old 10-12-2016, 08:23 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,936 times
Mine have all been phone calls, other than the intitial rejection letter which was mailed via USPS. Also some email exchanges.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 6,617 times
Thanks Aquarius !!!
Would love a second confirmation !!
anybody else get a call in after
1st interview or was it mail ?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 AM

Phone call no mail

Old 10-13-2016, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 25,284 times
Default Help with filling out an application

Greetings, everyone. A question related to low-income housing applications. After being on a waiting list, I will be receiving a request for additional information regarding my assets and income. I don't want to fill out the application incorrectly. Can anyone advise of an organization that helps people fill out the applications one-on-one, either over the phone or in NYC? Thank you for any information.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:58 PM

56 posts, read 93,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
OK, How about a roll call?

Let's see how many of us in this thread are still in the running SO FAR.

RULES FOR THE ROLL CALL:

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REJECTION LETTER

OR

RECEIVED ONE OF THE REJECTION LETTERS THAT STATED YOU WERE REJECTED DUE TO FAILURE FOR SHOWING UP BUT THEY TOLD YOU TO DISREGARD THE LETTER AND YOUR PAPERWORK IS STILL IN THE RUNNING

PLEASE QUOTE THIS POST AND RESPOND W/ THE FOLLOWING:

Intake mtg date:
CB Preference:
Log#:
Statement: IE: "No letter,no rejection" "incorrect letter, dismissed, stilin running, etc"

hi all...
15+K w/cb preference
interview late September
received rejection/incorrect letter, but told it was sent in error
no (2nd) official rejection
my landlord and employer have not mentioned receiving a verification letter or call

Old 10-14-2016, 07:18 AM

so i went to sign off some paperwork yesterday which is being sent off to hdc and viewing an apartment next week i wonder if anyone knows how long does it usually take hdc to go over our documents and give a response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.