Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 10:03 AM

115 posts, read 146,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
I'm not sure actually! But could you let me know where you saw that floor plan? I'm curious to see the other ones too. I know all the letter lines are similar but they're not identical. Like, the A line will have slightly different dimensions on floor 2 than it will on floor 14 but ultimately be the same layout.

This is the website https://www.scribd.com/document/3249...io-Floor-Plans I found the different floor plans on, I've seen photos of the two one bedrooms floor plans but the D line was something I don't think they had photos of. Oh, so all the apartments would be different in dimensions? An apartment on another floor might be larger than one on a different floor? I guess that's because it's a modular building?

You are already living in the building right? How is it so far? I'm not sure if they would offer different types of apartment (floor plan, higher floors) dependent on which income band you fall into? Not sure if you signed up for any of the amenities, but do you know how much they are? (you can privately email me if you want on that information) Thank you.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayingforthelottery View Post
Due to the building being a modular construction, it's not so strange for them to have wall requirements or the floors to be squeaky/lower quality... the apartment wasn't built in the traditional sense, but instead it was assembled like legos

LOL....should I worry about the construction of the building in case I am lucky enough to get an apartment?

Old 03-17-2017, 02:59 PM

23 posts, read 24,822 times
Go to 461dean.com

Scroll to the bottom for available apartments (market price)

You can see floor plans for different rooms

Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 PM

Thanks, but I would think that some of the floor plans aren't available for affordable housing. The photos makes the apartment seem spacious but from what I've read on here they seem small?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,108 times
Hi everyone , I received an awful log # for this building: 43,xxx. I am holding on to a tiny bit of hope for the 38 Sixth building. However I am wondering about the income requirements. On my application my income I listed only qualifies me for about 10 units in 38 Sixth. However, I now make about $5,000 more which would make me eligible for about 20 units! Does anyone know if the management company will only call you for an interview if your income falls exactly in that range? Or would they still possibly call me if I am close to the requirement and the lower bracket is full?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:36 AM

151 posts, read 154,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynrose View Post
Hi everyone , I received an awful log # for this building: 43,xxx. I am holding on to a tiny bit of hope for the 38 Sixth building. However I am wondering about the income requirements. On my application my income I listed only qualifies me for about 10 units in 38 Sixth. However, I now make about $5,000 more which would make me eligible for about 20 units! Does anyone know if the management company will only call you for an interview if your income falls exactly in that range? Or would they still possibly call me if I am close to the requirement and the lower bracket is full?
You just have to be picked first (lottery wise) and then they will look at the initial application. They will deny or accept you based on that. If they deny you can appeal. If they don't deny, they'll call you in for an interview and that's your time to show your income has increased - and if it doesn't disqualify you you'll be treated accordingly.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:50 PM

186 posts, read 264,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
LOL....should I worry about the construction of the building in case I am lucky enough to get an apartment?
Hey NLum, I have the exact layout of the sample unit on the website. It's not small, certainly not by New York standards. I feel super lucky. For what I'm paying, in the middle income bracket, you couldn't find a garage in the area. The 24 hour staff is great and the extra amenities package is only $40 a month. About what you'd pay for a gym membership. Is it flawless? No. But you won't find me complaining. Market rate is $3400 and I pay over $2000 less than that.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:23 PM

Thank you ComaLiving for all the information....now let's see if I'm lucky as you and get an apartment fingers crossed. I'm in the same bracket as you I think but no preferences so I don't have too high of a hope on getting anything and if I do probably not much of a choice on the layout.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:34 PM

186 posts, read 264,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Thank you ComaLiving for all the information....now let's see if I'm lucky as you and get an apartment fingers crossed. I'm in the same bracket as you I think but no preferences so I don't have too high of a hope on getting anything and if I do probably not much of a choice on the layout.
Best of luck and keep us updated! I personally don't think there is a bad one bedroom layout in the building. The studios can be small but they're all really nice either way.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Thanks I'll keep you guys updated. Hopefully, I can be your neighbor...Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery