Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 PM

37 posts, read 71,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Just wondering, what additional documentation did they ask for?
A letter indicating that I had not contributed anything to my pension (since I hadn't at the time).

Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 PM

115 posts, read 146,713 times
I did a bit more research and I might be able to see if I can appeal my credit score. So let's see and fingers crossed.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 AM

31 posts, read 33,458 times
I heard back and was denied - due to not submitting docs. Maybe its a mistake. I followed up at least 3x to make sure I had submitted my documents. Arg to them. I called this morning, I'll see what happens.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,848,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8408 View Post
I heard back and was denied - due to not submitting docs. Maybe its a mistake. I followed up at least 3x to make sure I had submitted my documents. Arg to them. I called this morning, I'll see what happens.
lol mhany is a ****show...

Old 03-22-2017, 08:09 AM

Told to disregard the letter and bring in some updated documents.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 AM

74 posts, read 93,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
Could anyone lend any insight onto the time between sending final documentation to HPD, the viewing, and final confirmation/lease signing?

My time line has been like this:

- 23 Jan invitation for interview
- 16 Feb interview
- 21 Feb appeal
- 1 March appeal successful
- 6 March sign affidavits
- 15 March apartment viewing

Now just waiting on HPD. I called them yesterday and they still hadn't received. I want this so bad.
awww, newbies.... lol

try this:

JULY 2016: notified of first interview
AUG: first interview
SEPT: denial/appeal process 1
NOV: denial/appeal process 2
NOV: additional docs needed
JAN: waitlisted
FEB: additional docs needed/apartment viewing/unwaitlisted/rewaitlisted
MARCH: unwaitlisted, docs sent to HDC (NOT HPD-different agency)/additional docs requested from HDC

Which brings me about up to date. in other words... PATIENCE.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM

74 posts, read 93,514 times
Quote:
This is a really common denial... it just means they need OTHER documents, based on what you submitted, not necessarily that you omitted anything in the first round. Why they have the process set up like this I don't understand, but the first couple of times they need more info they deny you rather than just ask for it - in my experience sometimes they told you the specific docs they were looking for and sometimes they didn't.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM

Yeah they never told me! It's fine. I'm not pressed to move or anything. Just sort of annoying more than anything. None of it is complex just would have been nice to know before.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:36 AM

10 posts, read 11,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
awww, newbies.... lol

try this:

JULY 2016: notified of first interview
AUG: first interview
SEPT: denial/appeal process 1
NOV: denial/appeal process 2
NOV: additional docs needed
JAN: waitlisted
FEB: additional docs needed/apartment viewing/unwaitlisted/rewaitlisted
MARCH: unwaitlisted, docs sent to HDC (NOT HPD-different agency)/additional docs requested from HDC

Which brings me about up to date. in other words... PATIENCE.
crwnhtsresident, looks like we are following a similar path, except I've never been waitlisted.

JULY: notified
AUGUST: interview
SEPTEMBER: nothing
OCTOBER: nothing
NOVEMBER: nothing
DECEMBER: nothing
JANUARY: nothing
FEBRUARY: new documents submitted / MHANY inquiry into all mobile deposits / affidavits signed
MARCH: apartment viewing / docs sent to HDC / HDC requests notarized statement re: mobile deposits

And now ... patience again. At least I had those 5 months of nothing to practice.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:37 AM

115 posts, read 146,713 times
Quote:
Yeah they never told me! It's fine. I'm not pressed to move or anything. Just sort of annoying more than anything. None of it is complex just would have been nice to know before.

Yes, this whole process is just daunting. I have made an appeal, because according to DeBlasio's new regulations I should not be rejected based solely on my credit history especially if my credit score is over the suggested limit and I haven't filed bankruptcy with the two years. So I have set up my appeals and fingers cross....I'm fighting this tooth and nail!! Please don't think I'm a b**ch, but I just want to get my fair share....it's very difficult to find something that falls into my income bracket, I've been searching for over two years and I've only encountered 3 within those years...so understand that I'm fighting for my right for this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.