Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 AM

50 posts, read 79,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Hello Vane,

You'refurther along in the process than most of us but from other boards, they say HDC takes about a 1- 2 weeks to respond.

If you signed documents that are actually going to HDC for approval, the papers would have had the unit number, the apartment size, the cost, the names of each individual registered to live in the apartment, etc all on the forms.

Are you sure that's what you signed?

Many of us signed multiple documents on our initial interviews as well, but these are separate documents from that.

If so, the apartment is practically yours.
HDC would have to come up with a different calculation of your income than the management staff did, to reject you. Management uses HDC written guidelines to get the number, so it shouldn't be a problem.
so idk if any of you can relate but in situations like this i get very nervous. so these were the hdc papers but i was just signing as she was explaining each one basically releasing my information to the city (hdc). at the end she asked me if i had any questions but i froze and just asked about move in dates and the next step. she said once hdc reviews everything i will be called to sign a lease . she did mention that i have to come 15mins earlier than my appointment so we can have a small meeting/interview maybe thats when they will share the information on rent and so on. but all these documents i signed had my name and my sons

Old 10-14-2016, 11:27 AM

114 posts, read 180,137 times
Hey Vane, it's totally nerve-wracking and I get it. I think you are on the way to a new home, though, so take a deep breath and relax

Old 10-14-2016, 12:09 PM

Yeah lol when i got home i was thinking of so many things i should have asked smh ... It happens

Old 10-14-2016, 12:21 PM

132 posts, read 178,325 times
Question reccently called in for an interview

Hi everyone,

I was recently called in to interview for 461 dean. The email notes that this does not mean that I've been granted an apartment but rather that I've been selected through the lottery. I have a very low log number. Below the 300s

I am very nervous about my first interview as well. What should I expect? Also to the people that were selected, can anyone share their insight on credit scores? What's your credit score?

I am young and I don't have a lot of debt or great credit.
I have a good amount of savings but my credit history is making me absolutely nervous.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:51 PM

45 posts, read 59,608 times
When I went it was no more than 15 minutes. They asked for all the documents that applied to me and was attached in my email to bring. I had everything in the order of the itemized list. I gave it to the young lady and she checked off all the things that were on the item list. They may start a small convo just to make you feel comfortable and once they have all they need they will give you a copy of the item list with the worker's initial or name and your signature. From what i asked the credit score is minute compared to anything negative on it. Also in my email I was asked to bring an employee verification letter. I see some was asked later on.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:59 PM

36 posts, read 60,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynsfinest1 View Post
When I went it was no more than 15 minutes. They asked for all the documents that applied to me and was attached in my email to bring. I had everything in the order of the itemized list. I gave it to the young lady and she checked off all the things that were on the item list. They may start a small convo just to make you feel comfortable and once they have all they need they will give you a copy of the item list with the worker's initial or name and your signature. From what i asked the credit score is minute compared to anything negative on it. Also in my email I was asked to bring an employee verification letter. I see some was asked later on.
Brooklynsfinest, congrats on getting an interview! what is your log number?

Old 10-14-2016, 01:02 PM

132 posts, read 178,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynsfinest1 View Post
Do you mean that credit score is not important at this stage? As in, they are not reviewing it yet? So basically this is just for the sake of filing paperwork.

If so, then most of the people posting have already had their initial interview. How long ago was your interview? Did you receive a response yet if so, How long did it take to receive a response?

This is process has not even begun and I am already extremely anxious. That being said, thank you for putting my anxiousness at ease

Last edited by DENISEP170; 10-14-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 10-14-2016, 01:23 PM

Mayor de Blasio Announces Revised Affordable Housing Lottery Rules | City of New York

CHECK OUT THIS REVISED ARTICLE IT SPEAKS ABOUT CREDIT SCORE....

Old 10-14-2016, 01:35 PM

56 posts, read 93,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
Mayor de Blasio Announces Revised Affordable Housing Lottery Rules | City of New York

CHECK OUT THIS REVISED ARTICLE IT SPEAKS ABOUT CREDIT SCORE....
Do you think this is already being implemented? Although not an issue for me, I hope no one is being denied because of low credit scores. I can understand being denied for not paying rent.
There is no information regarding the new asset caps. I wonder what that will be and if there will be transparency in the max amount.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:39 PM

45 posts, read 59,608 times
Thank you my Log number was 3XXX. My interview was in mid September and so far I am still awaiting an email or phone call for the second interview and viewing of the apartment. I preferred to receive emails over paper mail. As most know it can take forever and get misplaced. I also have municipal preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery