Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 11:17 AM

91 posts, read 136,737 times

Advertisements

Hey there, randomly found this post due to googling about the building and general excitement. I live in Comm Board 3 and got my email as well as a letter two days later via regular mai last week. I responded right away and my appointment is for the 17th. I wanted to go in earliest day possible. Best of luck to everyone. Ironically, my landlord lives directly across the street from the building. He's probably been suffering the sounds of the massive construction for a long while. lol.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Default Yay to free credit check for 461

Yay to free credit check! Thanks for the info Sammy. Also, anyone got any news on if 461 is pet friendly or not & potential move in dates?

Since I seem to be the earliest interview so far on the board, I'll come back with all the details I know if we don't get info beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
ok nice let me know all about it, i am going the 25th in the evening. i called to day and asked about any money orders to check my credit score. i was told this lottery will not take money orders and the scores will be checked for free.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:29 AM

6,694 posts, read 6,050,323 times
Hey what about the free credit? Do they check your credit or allow you to print out from credit karma or other free service?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:44 AM

246 posts, read 486,090 times
CJ725- Yes please give us all the info. I did not ask about pets because I don't have one but I think you should call the number is on the email/mail and they will provide the answer.

Stormgal, I think they check your credit you just don't have to pay for them to check your credit. When I called the young last told me they will not take money orders to check your credit for this development.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Sammy, will do. My log number was 793 by the way. I forgot to include it.

Stormgal, apologies I wasn't clearer but yep. Based on what they told Sammy, we won't need to pay for the credit check. Quite frankly,t hat's one of the most irksome things to me about the process of an apartment. Especially when so many ppl move so frequently in NY and it doesn't even cost them that much to pull it.

My cousin landed in 66 Rockwell a few years ago and they accept pets. I really hope that these buildings do as well. Especially when Pacific Park is supposed to have a dog run and my lil guy weighs 9 lbs soaking wet. He's barely noticeable. lol.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Sammy, will do. My log number was 793 by the way. I forgot to include it.

Stormgal, apologies I wasn't clearer but yep. Based on what they told Sammy, we won't need to pay for the credit check. Quite frankly,t hat's one of the most irksome things to me about the process of an apartment. Especially when so many ppl move so frequently in NY and it doesn't even cost them that much to pull it.

My cousin landed in 66 Rockwell a few years ago and they accept pets. I really hope that these buildings do as well. Especially when Pacific Park is supposed to have a dog run and my lil guy weighs 9 lbs soaking wet. He's barely noticeable. lol.

that is a great log number, did you have preference?

Old 08-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Sammy36 - I don't think there was anything outside of living in Community Board 3 and being within income limits. That's the extent of what I know.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:02 AM

114 posts, read 180,264 times
I finally got in touch with someone helpful at their office -- they're probably sick of me! But I'm all squared away until my interview. Good luck to us all!

Old 08-10-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
I finally got in touch with someone helpful at their office -- they're probably sick of me! But I'm all squared away until my interview. Good luck to us all!

so they do allow pets? good luck to you as well.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:02 PM

Just checking in on the post. I am becoming so obsessed. lol. I've been looking up whatever I can about the building, I even went by to check out the construction and see whether I could personally assess whether it would be done for move in dates of September. lol. I really truly can't tell by what I saw. The building is up, the apartments were finished before they were even installed so I know that's done. The entire bottom was boarded up and you could see a lot fo messy construction in the bottom. Still, the way construction moves now, it could happen and not look like it all. My interview is in two days! Can't wait and won't forget to report back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery