Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 08:59 PM

6,702 posts, read 6,096,823 times

Advertisements

Post pictures if you're able to

Old 08-16-2016, 11:39 AM

246 posts, read 486,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Just checking in on the post. I am becoming so obsessed. lol. I've been looking up whatever I can about the building, I even went by to check out the construction and see whether I could personally assess whether it would be done for move in dates of September. lol. I really truly can't tell by what I saw. The building is up, the apartments were finished before they were even installed so I know that's done. The entire bottom was boarded up and you could see a lot fo messy construction in the bottom. Still, the way construction moves now, it could happen and not look like it all. My interview is in two days! Can't wait and won't forget to report back.

good luck on your interview tomorrow. and don't forget to give us all the details. lol

Old 08-16-2016, 11:55 AM

91 posts, read 136,863 times
Thank you!!!

I surely will!

Already got unofficial confirmation to pets, under 30lbs.

Also, birth certificates are mandatory. Not sure the documentation they provided made that as clear as it was made to me on the phone.

I'll speak to you all tomorrow eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
good luck on your interview tomorrow. and don't forget to give us all the details. lol

Old 08-16-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you!!!

I surely will!

Already got unofficial confirmation to pets, under 30lbs.

Also, birth certificates are mandatory. Not sure the documentation they provided made that as clear as it was made to me on the phone.

I'll speak to you all tomorrow eve.

Ok wow, i still have not found mine yet, but i have my passport, drivers license and social security card.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:31 PM

Ok I called and the young lady is stressing the birth certificate. So when I got home the first thing I did was searched and found it. Thank God.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 PM

114 posts, read 180,501 times
I'm so glad I ordered mine! I had thought I could maybe get away with just my passport. But mine came fresh from FedEx the other day. I might take a walk by the building tomorrow after work -- when do you guys think move-ins are happening? Trying to not count my chickens before they hatch.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
I'm so glad I ordered mine! I had thought I could maybe get away with just my passport. But mine came fresh from FedEx the other day. I might take a walk by the building tomorrow after work -- when do you guys think move-ins are happening? Trying to not count my chickens before they hatch.

that is one of the questions I will be asking, when will move ins happen.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Default The interview + details gathered on building!

Hello All,

OK, interview completed. As thorough as I was, we still somehow had some missing items they wanted.

Here are the big things I gained from the interview:

ABOUT THE BUILDING:

- MOVE IN DATE IS DECEMBER 1 2016. (That was a bummer. lol)
- PETS ALLOWED, TWO MAX, UNDER 30 LBS.
- IF YOU HAVE NO CHILDREN YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE GIVEN A 2 BEDROOM IF APPROVED.
- IF YOU ARE EXPECTING,YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A 2 BEDROOM.
- IF YOU ARE APPROVED, THE SEND A LETTER INFORMING YOU OF A SECOND INTERVIEW.
- IF YOU ARE REJECTED, THEY SEND A LETTER INFORMING YOU OF REJECTION.

ABOUT THE INTERVIEW:

1. You must be on time, they have you sign in and they mark whether you're there. Make sure when you sign the sheet, someone sees you do so and places a mark next to your name that you are indeed present.

2. The setting is very casual. Communal style seating where everyone else is working with an intake document employee and going over the details of what they have.

3. THEY ARE STRICT. You have to have EVERYTHING on that list. Taxes and IDs being the strictest areas. Make sure you have w2s/1099s with your taxes and if you are self employed, be thorough and bring the last 3 years with all documents. They won't send your packet out if you don't, period. They recommend you emailing them the documents over SENDING physical mail and don't offer stopping by to drop them off after your interview is over. They do not make copies for you, so make copies of all your documents and know that they keep all the copies.

4. MAKE SURE NO INFORMATION was cut off the page in the copying.
Our marriage license actually came into question because the seal was missing on the bottom of the page. My printer must have cropped the image somehow, despite me having scanned the full document. I now have to go to city hall and get a copy of it and send it since we ironically JUST sent our marriage license out to renew our passports! ugh.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!
Feel free to ask me anything it seems i've left out.

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Hello All,

OK, interview completed. As thorough as I was, we still somehow had some missing items they wanted.

Here are the big things I gained from the interview:

ABOUT THE BUILDING:

- MOVE IN DATE IS DECEMBER 1 2016. (That was a bummer. lol)
- PETS ALLOWED, TWO MAX, UNDER 30 LBS.
- IF YOU HAVE NO CHILDREN YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE GIVEN A 2 BEDROOM IF APPROVED.
- IF YOU ARE EXPECTING,YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A 2 BEDROOM.
- IF YOU ARE APPROVED, THE SEND A LETTER INFORMING YOU OF A SECOND INTERVIEW.
- IF YOU ARE REJECTED, THEY SEND A LETTER INFORMING YOU OF REJECTION.

ABOUT THE INTERVIEW:

1. You must be on time, they have you sign in and they mark whether you're there. Make sure when you sign the sheet, someone sees you do so and places a mark next to your name that you are indeed present.

2. The setting is very casual. Communal style seating where everyone else is working with an intake document employee and going over the details of what they have.

3. THEY ARE STRICT. You have to have EVERYTHING on that list. Taxes and IDs being the strictest areas. Make sure you have w2s/1099s with your taxes and if you are self employed, be thorough and bring the last 3 years with all documents. They won't send your packet out if you don't, period. They recommend you emailing them the documents over SENDING physical mail and don't offer stopping by to drop them off after your interview is over. They do not make copies for you, so make copies of all your documents and know that they keep all the copies.

4. MAKE SURE NO INFORMATION was cut off the page in the copying.
Our marriage license actually came into question because the seal was missing on the bottom of the page. My printer must have cropped the image somehow, despite me having scanned the full document. I now have to go to city hall and get a copy of it and send it since we ironically JUST sent our marriage license out to renew our passports! ugh.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!
Feel free to ask me anything it seems i've left out.

Thanks!

i was waiting for you to respond yesterday. for the taxes they only ask for 2015 , did you take in 2014 as well?

I am happy about that move in date they are moving so fast. So you have to bring anything else in or are you set? what types of questions did they ask you?

Old 08-18-2016, 08:57 AM

Hey Sammy,

I am in corporate but my husband is self employed. So they asked for 3 years of his taxes. We have to bring in the w2s and 1099s for 2 of his 3 years as our follow up. I'm going to bring in the marriage license updated as well since i somehow cut it off in printer. They didn't ask for this, but I'm going to do it, since if she questioned the document validity from the cut off, I don't want income verification team at the city to do the same. smh. Then we are good to go. Hopefully this is done by today.

They really didn't ask us any questions that weren't related to documentation. It's kind of like a check off system. They ask for each piece of paper, you provide it. If it is missing something, they question it, otherwise you just breeze through. They intake employee marks the documents with your log number when it is satisfactory and good to be sent out. They gave me a print out to go home with called the intake checklist. On it, they mark what you still need to bring and check off what you have done satisfactorily.

They were going to send us off with no information on the building at all. I only was able to provide it because I asked for it at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
i was waiting for you to respond yesterday. for the taxes they only ask for 2015 , did you take in 2014 as well?

I am happy about that move in date they are moving so fast. So you have to bring anything else in or are you set? what types of questions did they ask you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery