Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 11:13 AM

246 posts, read 486,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscalepat View Post
They will start interviews in September , get your paper work ready. Your log number is very good. People have to remember out of the 80,000 plus people that apply to these projects more than half don't have good credit, had rent issues with their current landlord, not enough savings etc. so that leaves the others with CB preference, mobility impaired, city workers that would have to be called first which is us! Good luck brother!

lol i am a woman, let me go change my name LOL. but thank you

Old 07-25-2016, 11:18 AM

33 posts, read 73,136 times
Default Sammy36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
lol i am a woman, let me go change my name LOL. but thank you
Lol I'm sorry , you don't have to do that. Lol

Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM

132 posts, read 253,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscalepat View Post
19,000 is great number expect to be called with a three month period. Get all your paper work ready. Also a lot of people complain about how long and grueling the interview process is but as long you have all the documents required you'll be offered in apartment. I went through two interviews so far this year and was deemed eligible with in a weeks time.
Upscale, I love your upbeat positivism. I will certainly keep everyone updated. Good luck to all of us.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:54 PM

hey i have a question i am sure it has been answered before. so on the application i put down myself, my daughter and my brother. But I don't want my brother living with me anymore (lazy, no job etc). So what are the chances I won't get the apartment after I pass the interview stage. keep in mind i make enough to afford the 2 bedroom apartment on my own my credit is in the 700s and I have savings.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:01 PM

272 posts, read 535,528 times
Quote:
hey i have a question i am sure it has been answered before. so on the application i put down myself, my daughter and my brother. But I don't want my brother living with me anymore (lazy, no job etc). So what are the chances I won't get the apartment after I pass the interview stage. keep in mind i make enough to afford the 2 bedroom apartment on my own my credit is in the 700s and I have savings.
Ok, so logically you would tell them your brother lives with you now but when you go to the interview he should not be with you and he should not be signing any paperwork. Sometimes they will actually come to your place to verify who is living with you. One of the biggest things they worry about is that you will take a 2 bedroom apartment and have 8 people living there. I guess your situation might be comparable to a couple splitting up.
Then again sometimes logic has very little to do with this process 8-)

Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
Ok, so logically you would tell them your brother lives with you now but when you go to the interview he should not be with you and he should not be signing any paperwork. Sometimes they will actually come to your place to verify who is living with you. One of the biggest things they worry about is that you will take a 2 bedroom apartment and have 8 people living there. I guess your situation might be comparable to a couple splitting up.
Then again sometimes logic has very little to do with this process 8-)
ok thanks, i will just let them know he is irresponsible if they why he is not present at the meeting. i am talking like i have an interview lol.

another question what are the NYC Guidelines for the age a child must sleep in their own room. I have a 6 year old daughter and I do not want a one bedroom at all. if that is the case i can stay at home.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:16 AM

272 posts, read 535,528 times
Quote:
ok thanks, i will just let them know he is irresponsible if they why he is not present at the meeting. i am talking like i have an interview lol.

another question what are the NYC Guidelines for the age a child must sleep in their own room. I have a 6 year old daughter and I do not want a one bedroom at all. if that is the case i can stay at home.
According to the information sheet 2 people are 2 people. I don't see anything about kids. You tell them at the interview that you want a 2 bedroom and that a 1 bedroom isn't acceptable to you. As long as you meet the income requirements you should be ok.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
According to the information sheet 2 people are 2 people. I don't see anything about kids. You tell them at the interview that you want a 2 bedroom and that a 1 bedroom isn't acceptable to you. As long as you meet the income requirements you should be ok.

thanks for all the information. will keep everyone posted if i get the call.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:06 PM

6,701 posts, read 6,088,850 times
So this new development (one that I don't qualify for) - posted today, "607 West 161 Street" only has a lottery of roughly two weeks. It opens today and closes on 8/15! That's what I mean by a good lottery. I"m sure the unit won't have 89K applications!

Although I don't qualify, I feel like applying just to see what my lottery number will be. I'm sure it won't be 79K lol

Old 07-26-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
So this new development (one that I don't qualify for) - posted today, "607 West 161 Street" only has a lottery of roughly two weeks. It opens today and closes on 8/15! That's what I mean by a good lottery. I"m sure the unit won't have 89K applications!

Although I don't qualify, I feel like applying just to see what my lottery number will be. I'm sure it won't be 79K lol

that is how the lottery time should be, not 3 months. 2 weeks and that is it. hell one week LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery