Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 07:04 AM

15 posts, read 25,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynresident5 View Post
So I saw the unit I was assigned to and it wasn't one of the floor plans listed on the website. The person who showed it also asked me if I could move in mid November... so when you are shown your unit definitely know that they expect you to move and sign a lease as soon as the city sends your official approval.
Hey Brooklynresident5 - did they allow you to record anything (specifically your unit)???

Old 10-21-2016, 07:44 AM

56 posts, read 87,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl4Lyfe View Post
Hey Brooklynresident5 - did they allow you to record anything (specifically your unit)???
Yes, they don't mind if you are taking pictures

Old 10-21-2016, 08:30 AM

50 posts, read 79,718 times
I went to an apartment viewing, getting to the actual entrance was a headache i wa being sent from door to door until finally i found the right entrance lol and fell in love honestly this feels like a luxurious hotel lol i have a really nice view not too low but not too high...the only thing i dont really like is how small the bedroom is but this is way better than where i am currently staying and im so happy this will be my first apartment ever! Just waiting to hear from hdc which its already been 1 week i wonder how much longer, the lady also asked me when the apartments are ready in mid november when will i be prepared to move and i said asap lol

Old 10-21-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
I went to an apartment viewing, getting to the actual entrance was a headache i wa being sent from door to door until finally i found the right entrance lol and fell in love honestly this feels like a luxurious hotel lol i have a really nice view not too low but not too high...the only thing i dont really like is how small the bedroom is but this is way better than where i am currently staying and im so happy this will be my first apartment ever! Just waiting to hear from hdc which its already been 1 week i wonder how much longer, the lady also asked me when the apartments are ready in mid november when will i be prepared to move and i said asap lol
They actually send the forms to HDC after your viewing because they have to confirm you like it. If you don't mind me asking was your unit floorplans on the website? Also do you know which AMI you are?

Old 10-21-2016, 09:07 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,531,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
Why are people happy to get Affordable Housing, .,. you will waste 40+ years of sweat and hard earned money on RENTING that property will never will be yours ..its a good 5-10 year plan but not long term... getting a better job and buying a condo/co-op is best. where it will leave the money on property thats yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
the 200k u put it will forever be there, u can sell ur shares and get it back.. and there is no rent but maintence fee monthly. and most are only $600-900 including water/electic/gas etc. for 200k properties. 2 br.
Quote:
honestly what is your point in coming here and trying to make people feel a way about renting instead of owning. if you have nothing to do with 461 deans street then there is no reason for you to be in this forum....
Not everyone can afford to/ wants to buy at this point in their lives and this program is a way to keep people who need housing in New York City.

And in certain situations, you may not be able to hang onto what you have bought- the concept of eminent domain ring a bell? I'm sure those people who had houses that had to move for the Barclay Center thought that way at one time. I'm pretty sure that my uncle never thought that he would have to give up his house for a golf course.

Congrats to all of the new tenants of 461 Dean Street! I look forward to seeing pictures of your new apartments.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:25 AM

50 posts, read 79,718 times
Quote:
They actually send the forms to HDC after your viewing because they have to confirm you like it. If you don't mind me asking was your unit floorplans on the website? Also do you know which AMI you are?
no it wasnt like the floor plans on the website, if u notice on the website they only have certain letter aprtments not all, and that sucks so that means we wont be hearing from hdc for how much longer? ami?

Old 10-21-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
no it wasnt like the floor plans on the website, if u notice on the website they only have certain letter aprtments not all, and that sucks so that means we wont be hearing from hdc for how much longer? ami?
Area Median Income (determines the rent you pay). and hopefully they sent it out after confirming that you like it either today or Monday. and yes my letter was there but it still was not the same lol so I was completely thrown off. I was hoping they would show at least two units

Old 10-21-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I'm so excited for you. Congrats. Well get ready to move into your new home!

Old 10-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, they don't mind if you are taking pictures
Thanks for the info. And congrats to you as well.....I'm so excited for you guys.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:03 PM

21 posts, read 43,678 times
Hi everyone, I had an interview October 6th, for an apartment complex in Astoria. They requested some additional notarized documents which I emailed it to them, and they finally confirmed they received. My employer sent them employment verification via fax and she said that she is just about to check the fax....However, I have being waiting to see inquiry from them on my credit report and nothing. I was told that they will check my credit before they send it to the city for their approval. Does any of you know when they usually check your credit after collecting your papers? This situation is making me I want to call again to ask if they completed all my documents and what now? Last time I finally reach her she said I should hear from them in 2-3 weeks but since they apparently didn't check my credit history I am worried. Any help or suggestions from you guys will be appreciated. Thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.