Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 08:05 PM

25 posts, read 27,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here's hoping View Post
Hi @denisep170,
Yes I interviewed in mid September. The letter says that my application will still be on file if something opens up during the leasing phase.....but that's a long-shot.

On a side note.....does anyone know how to be alerted when new housing opportunities are open for applications? I missed the Carlton one just bc I didn't know it was happening.

Thanks!
Hi,

We got the same letter too. This is very sad!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:20 PM

33 posts, read 73,072 times
MHANY Management made a huge mistake by including too many damn community boards in their buildings. They should have only had included just community boards 2 and 3 the most and that's it. all the downtown Brooklyn affordable towers all had just one community board preference which was CB 2. Ex 300 Ashland , 250 Ashland , city point tower 1, and more recently The HuB. There vetting seemed to be going much more smoother than this fiasco from MHANY. I can pretty much forget about being called for this one since people who has been interviewed already are being placed on waiting lists. Remember close to 90k applications was received for this building!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:24 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
quote:
MHANY Management made a huge mistake by including too many damn community boards in their buildings.

No. Absolutely not. It's a nexus area that is equi-distant to all those neighborhoods. They all deserved to be included. Now if if it was a building in an established neighborhood with boundaries, fine. But Pacific Park is a different breed since it draws people in from all the surrounding neighborhoods. Even though the chances of getting an apartment are much slimmer, I think it was only fair to include ALL the surrounding neighborhoods.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:28 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
You also have to understand the history of what Pacific Park was supposed to be... Inclusive of all income levels. If you keep up with the news you will see that they want to EXTEND the CB preference to areas waaaaaaay outside the local CB's.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:30 PM

16 posts, read 33,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here's hoping View Post
Hi @denisep170,
Yes I interviewed in mid September. The letter says that my application will still be on file if something opens up during the leasing phase.....but that's a long-shot.

On a side note.....does anyone know how to be alerted when new housing opportunities are open for applications? I missed the Carlton one just bc I didn't know it was happening.

Thanks!
If you registered online with NYC Housing Connect you should automatically be notify. The only problem with that is that you will not be notify until a week or two after it opens. I would say to check every few days to see what is available.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:06 AM

6 posts, read 7,954 times
Thanks everyone for the info on lottery alerts. I guess I'll try again! But I'm getting a new job soon so probably won't fit perfectly within the income guidelines anyway. Waawaawaaaa. 2016 can just be over already....amiright?

@denisep170 I applied for a one bedroom. And actually I guess it does make sense that I'm wait listed bc my log number was in the 10,000s.....so assuming only 1/4th of the people w lower log numbers than me qualified....that's still 2,500 people in front of me for a mere 181 apartments. Right? I hope you have a low log number!

I know checking this forum can be nerve-wracking but honestly it has been nice to hear from a supportive group who are all in the same 'lost at sea' boat.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 AM

6 posts, read 7,954 times
Also.....just to clarify, I only had the one interview in September. I received a letter with my log number and set up an appointment. Went to the appointment and submitted all of my paperwork. And had heard nothing until today when I got the letter saying that there were too many applicants and that I would be put on the waiting list.

Log #: 10,***
Interview: late Sept
CB preference

That's the story!

Old 11-22-2016, 05:33 AM

86 posts, read 104,328 times
Omg. I interviewed in November. I haven't received a letter stating if I was on the waiting list or moving forward yet. Omg. I'm anxious now.
No cb preference
Log number in the teens.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:24 AM

40 posts, read 50,078 times
I was told by my HR Rep that they received a verification letter for me. I hope this means something lol!

Old 11-22-2016, 07:18 AM

86 posts, read 104,328 times
Well hopefully by the time people from the group go in, the scaffolding will be down. Lol. Just passed by the building. Lol I pass it every morning going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery