Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 11:55 AM

114 posts, read 180,216 times

Advertisements

I've received... very conflicting information at every part of that, Latashaw -- I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that someone at MHANY is talking out both sides of their mouth. BTW, still no news over here. Wishing, as always, a pleasant weekend and an easy continuing wait to everyone in this damn thread.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 8,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashaw83 View Post
When was your interview if you mind me asking?
Hello Latashaw83,
I don't mind you asking my first interview was in August. My 2nd one was in October as well as my walk thru....

Old 11-18-2016, 12:11 PM

132 posts, read 178,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
I've received... very conflicting information at every part of that, Latashaw -- I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that someone at MHANY is talking out both sides of their mouth. BTW, still no news over here. Wishing, as always, a pleasant weekend and an easy continuing wait to everyone in this damn thread.
What info did you receive?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
718 246 8080
Did you have an extension or did you just leave a voicemail?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
I think maybe thats the information theyre giving to the last batch of interviewd because maybe there arent that many apartments available anymore so in 6-10months maybe if someone for whatever reason rejects moving in or moves back out then they will contact the next people in line waiting remember there were like 3 different batches of interviews ... This is just what im guessing ..
vane, while this may be true.. but this is also very heart breaking....
Especially considering that there were so many units to go around

Did they tell you this or something along these lines to make you think that this was the case or are you making this assumption?

Old 11-18-2016, 01:34 PM

86 posts, read 104,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Did you have an extension or did you just leave a voicemail?
I just pressed 0 and spoke to the receptionist and they transfer you.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM

86 posts, read 104,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
I think maybe thats the information theyre giving to the last batch of interviewd because maybe there arent that many apartments available anymore so in 6-10months maybe if someone for whatever reason rejects moving in or moves back out then they will contact the next people in line waiting remember there were like 3 different batches of interviews ... This is just what im guessing ..
I had such a low log number like in the teens . So does the log numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:46 PM

186 posts, read 264,275 times
Quote:
I had such a low log number like in the teens . So does the log numbers mean absolutely nothing.
Do you have Community Board preference? 50% of the units go to those with CB preference. They may have called those of us with CB preference first. My log number is #1XX. We all need to keep in mind they create a wait list too, so they interview far more people than get apartments. People may drop out before move in or leave after a year, etc...

Plus the lottery is a mix of low income and middle income bands, so they could've conducted interviews any number of ways.

As always, my fingers are crossed for us.

Last edited by ComaLiving; 11-18-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the positivity Coma. My log # was low too. 200's no pref.

Has anyone heard mention of this "waiting list" or is this just an assumption. I was never told of a waiting list.

So I just called and the receptionist fwd me to a number that doesn't pick up and has a full mailbox i'm just going to wait until the end of the month.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:38 PM

186 posts, read 264,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Thanks for the positivity Coma. My log # was low too. 200's no pref.

Has anyone heard mention of this "waiting list" or is this just an assumption. I was never told of a waiting list.

So I just called and the receptionist fwd me to a number that doesn't pick up and has a full mailbox i'm just going to wait until the end of the month.

It's on the Housing Connect site:

Waiting List
A waiting list is a list of qualified applicants that a developer may use to fill vacancies after a property's units are initially leased up or sold. The waiting list is comprised of qualified applicants who are randomly assigned lower log numbers. When possible, vacancies in units that have been adapted for households with disability preferences are to be filled by another household that fulfills the same preference.

You will be notified by the developer at the end of the marketing process if you have made the waiting list. At this point, you are responsible for notifying the developer in writing that you wish to remain on the waiting list every six (6) months.

RE: Log Numbers

Lottery
At the close of the marketing period, our development partners, under the supervision of HPD or HDC, conduct a lottery for all applications received on time. During a lottery, all applications (except those missing required information or disqualified for duplication) are randomly ordered and assigned a log number based on this order. This log provides the basis for the next phase: resident selection.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...what-to-expect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery