Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 02:52 PM

132 posts, read 178,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
It's on the Housing Connect site:

Waiting List
A waiting list is a list of qualified applicants that a developer may use to fill vacancies after a property's units are initially leased up or sold. The waiting list is comprised of qualified applicants who are randomly assigned lower log numbers. When possible, vacancies in units that have been adapted for households with disability preferences are to be filled by another household that fulfills the same preference.

You will be notified by the developer at the end of the marketing process if you have made the waiting list. At this point, you are responsible for notifying the developer in writing that you wish to remain on the waiting list every six (6) months.

RE: Log Numbers

Lottery
At the close of the marketing period, our development partners, under the supervision of HPD or HDC, conduct a lottery for all applications received on time. During a lottery, all applications (except those missing required information or disqualified for duplication) are randomly ordered and assigned a log number based on this order. This log provides the basis for the next phase: resident selection.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...what-to-expect

"You will only be contacted if your application is randomly selected during the initial lease-up or sales process. Due to the high volume of applications submitted, not all applicants for every project will be contacted. Numerous factors affect the timing surrounding lease-up or sales. Your chances of being contacted are greatest if you (a) are randomly assigned a low log number, or (b) you meet one or more marketing preferences."

since it seems that we were all selected in the initial phase.

Last edited by DENISEP170; 11-18-2016 at 03:58 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Okay I called.

I spoke to someone who informed me that the interviews are being conducted for the resident selection phase.
No one is being interviewed for the waiting list.

People who are selected for the waiting list do not get interviewed in this phase.
They are later selected by log number priority.

The reason why good news is no news is because that means that you are not getting a rejection letter. The only way that you lose out on Dean after interviewing is if you can not appeal the rejection.

So everyone who was interviewed has a fair shot.

This puts my mind at ease. I am going to go back to waiting and I am getting off the forum for now.

God bless all and best of luck. If you are atheist then blessings and good energy to you. Stay positive, we are very lucky to have been interviewed.

I will come back when I have some news to share. Until then farewell.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:55 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,858,257 times
thanks, Denise!!!!! Just read through today's posts and was seriously on edge, again. The whole waiting 6-10 months though.. ooof.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 PM

32 posts, read 43,346 times
Hello everyone,

i feel your pain! i am also for city approval for 149 kent i have CB and my log number is in 3,000 i already signed all paper work and even saw what unit i was awarded. can i still get waitlisted at this point? I am little worried i will!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:42 PM

74 posts, read 93,411 times
you guys... I just got a rejection for -get this- having a salary of $110,000 (according to their calculations!!). HOW THE F*** they came to that conclusion I have no idea. At this point I'm just laughing because it's so ridiculous. Sending in that appeal first thing tomorrow

Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 AM

56 posts, read 87,941 times
Has anyone contacted HDC to confirm there file was indeed sent for review?

Old 11-21-2016, 11:06 AM

25 posts, read 27,651 times
Hi everyone,

I got a notification on my email today from USPS that we have a letter from Mhany Management. This, after all the paperworks submitted on the interview last September with me and hmy husband. Me and my husband works during the daytime so we dont really know what this letter is about. One thing is for sure, its either a good or a bad news. Its both exciting but at the same time gives you anxiety. But, hey who knows. I will only be able to know later when I get home.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynresident5 View Post
Has anyone contacted HDC to confirm there file was indeed sent for review?
*lurking*

I called and asked, they said that do not give status updates.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,952 times
Hi all,
Got a letter from MHANY today basically saying I'm on the waiting list bc of the large number of applicants. Which is pretty much a no. So bummed.....FYI I had CB preference and log 10,***
Best of luck to everyone else though!

Old 11-21-2016, 02:43 PM

74 posts, read 93,411 times
How are people getting through on the phone, or otherwise, to these people?? I have been calling all day starting at 9 this morning, I have left voice mail, I have emailed - NOTHING. Just getting voicemail over and over no matter what buttons I press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery