Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 01:49 PM

186 posts, read 264,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
Is the roof deck ready yet?

And what is it like in general for those of you who have never lived in a luxury/fancy building and now do? Part of me wonders whether the amenities and so forth are overrated.

And also how are people liking the neighborhood? I'm moving from the East Village, potentially.
I don't think the roof terrace is open yet. As far as amenities, it's $40 a month for the gym, lounges, game room, and kids playroom. (I have young nieces.) I've been using them all. For me, they're not overrated.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:52 PM

28 posts, read 32,312 times
Roof deck isn't open yet. Soon. :-)
There are things I enjoy about it. It's a big change to walk into a lobby after a long day & have to interact. I lived in a small building & never even saw my neighbors prior to moving here. But everybody is really nice.
The worst thing has been the shows at the arena. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Lots of people congregate outside. It can get a little busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
Is the roof deck ready yet?

And what is it like in general for those of you who have never lived in a luxury/fancy building and now do? Part of me wonders whether the amenities and so forth are overrated.

And also how are people liking the neighborhood? I'm moving from the East Village, potentially.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 PM

Band 3. But I don't really think knowing what band I'm in is very helpful. I had more than one community board preference. I think we all had different experiences. This seems to have been a bit of a learning experience for MHANY as well. I'm not sure there was a lot of uniformity to some of it. I don't know this. Just a feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
BestJess can I ask what band you were under? I'm trying to understand how MHANY chooses log numbers? Wonder if they go by sequence or not?

Old 04-25-2017, 02:00 PM

115 posts, read 146,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestJess View Post
Band 3. But I don't really think knowing what band I'm in is very helpful. I had more than one community board preference. I think we all had different experiences. This seems to have been a bit of a learning experience for MHANY as well. I'm not sure there was a lot of uniformity to some of it. I don't know this. Just a feeling.

Ahh....okay, I thought you didn't have any CB preferences an had a log of 2,XXX and I was a bit perturbed that you got in because I had a 14XX....LOL. Sorry.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM

186 posts, read 264,459 times
Quote:
Roof deck isn't open yet. Soon. :-)
There are things I enjoy about it. It's a big change to walk into a lobby after a long day & have to interact. I lived in a small building & never even saw my neighbors prior to moving here. But everybody is really nice.
The worst thing has been the shows at the arena. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Lots of people congregate outside. It can get a little busy.
Definitely agree. The big events at Barclays make the streets super busy and a bit annoying, but you have lots of small, good restaurants in the neighborhood. Doesn't take long to walk out of the hustle and bustle of the area.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM

Maybe that's because IIIIIIIII thought I didn't have any!
Maybe I posted that at some point? When someone here finally convinced me to contact HDC directly, I found out what all of it meant. See what I mean? Very confusing for some of us. This was my first lottery.

Quote:
Ahh....okay, I thought you didn't have any CB preferences an had a log of 2,XXX and I was a bit perturbed that you got in because I had a 14XX....LOL. Sorry.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:09 PM

But the log number is correct. It was 2045.

Quote:
Maybe I posted that at some point? When someone here finally convinced me to contact HDC directly, I found out what all of it meant. See what I mean? Very confusing for some of us. This was my first lottery.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:10 PM

115 posts, read 146,645 times
Quote:

Yes, it's all very confusing...but another post on another forum said that they a lot half of the apartments for CB member, so if there were 16 3rd band apartments and there were 16 CB preferences that fell into that band it all goes to them . I thought they only take half of each band for CB preferences, but apparently not. So I guess that's why there was nothing left for someone like me who had no preferences in that band. Very frustrating.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM

I'm still shocked to be living there. It was such a long shot. I also really don't like the way they do this. I don't know what would be "better," but it's sad to see so many people go through this. There must be a better option? I gave Aquarius the business for being a rude pain in the arse but I also understand his disappointment. It's a long process. And a huge emotional investment.

Quote:
Yes, it's all very confusing...but another post on another forum said that they a lot half of the apartments for CB member, so if there were 16 3rd band apartments and there were 16 CB preferences that fell into that band it all goes to them . I thought they only take half of each band for CB preferences, but apparently not. So I guess that's why there was nothing left for someone like me who had no preferences in that band. Very frustrating.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Very true. I don't really have any complaints. As you can tell, what little negativity I feel can be attributed to my own aversion to change & the fact that I lived in a small building in a "neighborhoody" environment for the past gazillion years. Get off my lawn! Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
Definitely agree. The big events at Barclays make the streets super busy and a bit annoying, but you have lots of small, good restaurants in the neighborhood. Doesn't take long to walk out of the hustle and bustle of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery