Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 01:16 PM

71 posts, read 118,751 times

Advertisements

Guys,

Please don't get me wrong. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. I believe there is still a chance to be called if you are on the waitlist and someone who has been offered an apartment decides at the last minute in the next few months that they don't want it for whatever reason (have a large pet, can't get out of current lease, takes another affordable building, already has a bigger apt and doesn't see the value in moving, etc.). Then if you are in the same income bracket as that person and your number is next on the waiting list....you would have an offer before another qualified person who has a number higher than yours. It happens. Also this is pure speculation from the patterns I have seen with these lotteries in the past.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:31 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,871,342 times
Totally, Hope! I think we are all in the same boat here hoping and waiting. I think deep down we all know the odds are so stacked against us. I feel lucky just to have been interviewed (i guess). For me, I've watched this building go up and I truly think it's one of the coolest looking buildings I've ever seen (MOST people would NOT see that) but it looks like a Transformers meets the Nintendo Entertainment System... the colors, the structure, It's hideous and stuff, but I truly LOVE it. It's also NYC's first modular residential building, and the tallest of type construction in the world (I think that's no longer the case, but still..). It has potential to be a landmark 100 years from now. I think it's gorgeous and want to live there so badly. But I'm a total weirdo like that :/

Old 11-27-2016, 04:58 PM

155 posts, read 187,368 times
Interesting.. I got Log 1214 and fall under the 2% disability preference.. who knows.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 PM

Also, I go for the interview on the 29th.. so the interviews aren't over yet..

Old 11-27-2016, 05:46 PM

132 posts, read 178,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Also, I go for the interview on the 29th.. so the interviews aren't over yet..
Thanks for the info JRW, I dont think this is anywhere near over. I refuse to give up hope.

if you do not mind me asking. What units are you qualifying for JRW? studio? 1br? 2br? 3br?

I agree with aquarius, the building was designed by SHoParchitects they is one of my favorite firms too. I aspire to work for them someday, I too admire the architecture of the building. I really hope I can live there just to be inspired by them every day. ha ha, So no you're not crazy! But seriously you'll be a-okay sending tons of positive energy your way ^_^

Old 11-27-2016, 05:51 PM

Either a studio or a 1 bedroom. I fall under the 2% - since I'm hearing impaired. that's only 3.5 units being given out specifically for them and the blind. so the possibility of it is very slim or very high depending on how many have fallen under the 2%.
I guess I'm one of the last people to get interviewed before giving out the apartments, since it was supposed Dec 2016 is the given month to be giving out the apartments.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:20 PM

132 posts, read 178,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Either a studio or a 1 bedroom. I fall under the 2% - since I'm hearing impaired. that's only 3.5 units being given out specifically for them and the blind. so the possibility of it is very slim or very high depending on how many have fallen under the 2%.
I guess I'm one of the last people to get interviewed before giving out the apartments, since it was supposed Dec 2016 is the given month to be giving out the apartments.
I see, I think you have priority so it should be ok.

My understanding of things is that they interviewed CB pref people first. Then non CB people.

Thanks for sharing this info. I also qualify for a studio or 1 bedroom

Old 11-27-2016, 07:11 PM

Most likely so.
Best of luck.
Patience is definitely a virtue.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:34 AM

45 posts, read 59,720 times
Hello everyone,

I've been checking in on the site to see the updates. I am sorry to those who received waiting list letters. My concern is that I haven't received my mail and when I call MAHNY to speak to someone who deals with 461 Dean Street the mailbox is full and they are already on to Carlton. I don't know if I ever received a rejection letter or a waiting list letter or anything. I am thinking I should go to the office and speak to someone to see if any correspondence was sent out. Should I go to the office?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:22 PM

186 posts, read 264,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynsfinest1 View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been checking in on the site to see the updates. I am sorry to those who received waiting list letters. My concern is that I haven't received my mail and when I call MAHNY to speak to someone who deals with 461 Dean Street the mailbox is full and they are already on to Carlton. I don't know if I ever received a rejection letter or a waiting list letter or anything. I am thinking I should go to the office and speak to someone to see if any correspondence was sent out. Should I go to the office?
I am also in your same boat. No word since August -- no rejection or waiting list -- and I'm CB preference. I'm afraid I somehow missed a notification. I left a voicemail and sent an email inquiry but haven't heard back. Do let us know if you go in and get any updates. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery