Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 10:57 AM

162 posts, read 249,111 times

Advertisements

I have a sporadic sewage smell in my bathroom too but it's not coming from the water. I identified it as coming from behind the wall under my sink where the pipe goes into the wall. I spoke to the Super. Tenants that are having issues should speak to the Super. That's why he's here...to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM

189 posts, read 288,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
My heater is the same, i am thinking of just getting a portable heater because it is always cold. Also, has anyone noticed a smell in the water, it smells really bad in particular the shower, almost like sewage and the smell stays on my hair, I end up having to rewash my hair at my boyfriends apt. Additionally, I did some research and found a public document from the 90s showing the area was hazardous and the property used have toxic soil however, they had to pass city regulations to build the building- so I'm sure it should be find but still scary.

I spoke to the super about the heater!!

He said that the wall thermostat thing doesn't control the heat and that I should switch it to the OFF position. Then on the actual heating unit temperature should be set to 75.

That has significantly helped a lot - i don't know if its because of that or there was an issue throughout the building like he claimed.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:18 PM

126 posts, read 169,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
No i am familiar with the outside smell, try turning your bathroom water on and smell it or wet a towel, the smells literally sticks for days.
Odd, I do not have this issue, nor do I ever smell anything strange.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:48 AM

25 posts, read 27,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
My heater is blowing cool air... it was blowing warm air up until today now it's cool

It's never really blown hot air... any suggestions?

Anybody else having problems?
I dont know if this would help you, but I’ve read here in the previous post and they chose the Cold Option instead of heat, and it will blow warm air. I followed it, and surprisingly it worked. We choose cold but we always go high like 77 and it will stay at around 72. Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:34 AM

160 posts, read 278,656 times
Hello everyone. New to the thread. I recieved an letter from steinway estates Nov 2016 saying that I was waitlisted. Log number in the 9xxx with ME. Has anyone moved in recently and what was your log number. I'm trying to contact them to check the status of my application and to let them know that I am expecting and my household will change from 1 to 2. I see that I qualify for 1 and 2 bedroom apts but not sure if any are available. Maybe one becomes vacant soon.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:47 AM

6,698 posts, read 6,073,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
Hello everyone. New to the thread. I recieved an letter from steinway estates Nov 2016 saying that I was waitlisted. Log number in the 9xxx with ME. Has anyone moved in recently and what was your log number. I'm trying to contact them to check the status of my application and to let them know that I am expecting and my household will change from 1 to 2. I see that I qualify for 1 and 2 bedroom apts but not sure if any are available. Maybe one becomes vacant soon.
Sounds like lease-up is completed. That's crazy that you have such a low log number but you were still waitlisted. What's, "ME?" I was log number 59,xxx and was offered a lease for a one bedroom.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Sounds like lease-up is completed. That's crazy that you have such a low log number but you were still waitlisted. What's, "ME?" I was log number 59,xxx and was offered a lease for a one bedroom.
My letter said it was for a studio maybe that's why? I'm not sure why I was waitlisted. ME is municipal employee preference because I work for the Department of Education.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:40 AM

6,698 posts, read 6,073,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
My letter said it was for a studio maybe that's why? I'm not sure why I was waitlisted. ME is municipal employee preference because I work for the Department of Education.
Wow! I would look into that. I have no sort of preference, and I was offered an apartment. (I'm also a single person household).

Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Wow! I would look into that. I have no sort of preference, and I was offered an apartment. (I'm also a single person household).
I will thanks. I've been trying to contact them but it's hard to get in touch with them. Every time I call they transfer me over and it goes to a voicemail. I will keep trying though.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:21 PM

For anyone that currently lives at this property. Is there a management office that handles applications at the Steinway Estates building? Or would I have to go to the office at the Bronx? Getting in touch with this office by phone is a total joke. I want to go in person and discuss my application status since they refuse to answer the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery