Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 01:28 PM

74 posts, read 131,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryPottery View Post
Hmmm the address on my paycheck is different from where I work (our payroll is outsourced). Any idea which they send the verification to?
They'll send it to the outsource payroll company. I had a few W-2s last year and received a notice from the payroll outsource company that they received a request for employment verification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:14 PM

11 posts, read 24,646 times
Hi all! Hope all is well with everyone. Congratulations to those that are seeing movement with their paperwork, to others like me, Godspeed. Just curious, has anyone that has no preference been called to have their paper signed in order to send their file to HDC? I have a log number of 9xx no preferences, but hasn't heard anything at all. Interviewed the first week of December. Just trying to figure out where I stand

Old 02-08-2017, 09:47 AM

29 posts, read 38,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_El View Post
Hi all! Hope all is well with everyone. Congratulations to those that are seeing movement with their paperwork, to others like me, Godspeed. Just curious, has anyone that has no preference been called to have their paper signed in order to send their file to HDC? I have a log number of 9xx no preferences, but hasn't heard anything at all. Interviewed the first week of December. Just trying to figure out where I stand
Hi Em_El - Me and you seem to be in the same bucket. I have a log number of 8XX with a City employee preference. I had my intake during the first week of December. I haven't heard anything back which I guess is a good sign, since the person that I met with from MHNY that day told me that if I hear anything within less than 2 months, it's likely a rejection and anything taking longer than 2 months is probably an acceptance. It's been just over 2 months now, so I'm pretty hopeful. I'm just waiting to get that phone call/e-mail that lets me know my application status .

Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 AM

20 posts, read 46,651 times
Log # 10K .. Intake Date: First week of November| My HR department informed me last week that I received an employment verification !
Positive thoughts & vibes to everyone ... Hopefully we all hear something very soon

Old 02-08-2017, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 5,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_El View Post
Same here, 7XX log number and interviewed the first week w/ no preference. I believe non preference candidates should be getting a call by the end of next month. Everyone with a preference are first priority, the longer wait could have a upside of a apartment higher up and you won't have to deal with construction noises in the building.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:59 PM

20 posts, read 46,651 times
I'm back, I received a rejection letter today for my income being over by 40$ which is an absolute lie, I'm not too sure how they figured this amount out but what should I do?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:22 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
quote:
I received a rejection letter today for my income being over by 40$ which is an absolute lie, I'm not too sure how they figured this amount out but what should I do?

Do you have significant savings? They multiply your income they consider your income by a certain percentage, including ANY savings and also any retirement accounts.. I think like .06% (don't quote me on that though). That could have pushed you over the edge. Also are you hourly or salary at work? They make calculations in various ways and then choose use the highest figure to give you an income status. 40 dollars over. OOF. i'd be pissed.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM

13 posts, read 30,301 times
Log # 19xx with no preference, interviewed first week of December as well. No word yet

Old 02-10-2017, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 9,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryPottery View Post
Hmmm the address on my paycheck is different from where I work (our payroll is outsourced). Any idea which they send the verification to?
Whatever address you provided them. I was given a release to sign asking if they could contact my employer for verification and what contact info to use. The address they use to contact your employer is the address you gave them.

Also, no other posts since Tuesday? Guess that means no one else has heard anything?

Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 AM

125 posts, read 363,728 times
Yes, CBs are first. My log is 1XX and haven't heard anything yet since my appeal in early December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery