Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 11:52 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,536,012 times

Advertisements

I also received the wait list email.

I'm okay with it. This was the first time since I have been applying through NYCHousingconnect that I was chosen to actually submit documents. I learned a lot and am still going to apply to other lotteries in my salary range as well as trying other avenues.

I feel bad for those who were hoping that this was the one. Take time to be disappointed then regroup and start applying again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 12:14 PM

186 posts, read 264,760 times
Yeah, I was only eligible for about 10 possible units. I was fortunate enough to get a 461 Dean apartment but just wanted to share my experience with this lottery as well. Best of luck everybody!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:47 PM

74 posts, read 131,799 times
Does the developer approve your file before it goes to the city for approval? If you have to sign something verifying your income is that the point at which it goes to the city?

Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 PM

186 posts, read 264,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
Does the developer approve your file before it goes to the city for approval? If you have to sign something verifying your income is that the point at which it goes to the city?
Well, MHANY is the third party entity the developer uses to run the lottery. You sign a form with MHANY to allow them to verify your income. MHANY approves your file before they choose to send it to the city based on log number and available units that you qualify for.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 12,047 times
It seems many got a waitlist email today. I have a very low lotto number but I've heard nothing since my first intake interview in early December. Should I see this as a very good thing and assume I'm still in the running? Do Rejection letters come as an email also?

Old 02-16-2017, 03:14 PM

114 posts, read 180,628 times
so, here's something funny: i got a rejection e-mail the other day and planned on appealing it (the rejection was for stupid reasons that were mistakes on their part). but i have a much worse log number than you guys, and now i wonder if there's any point to trying. fyi, i got that rejection via e-mail.

oh, and for anyone who's asking: there's no harm in staying on the waitlist, but it's kind of the grave for these developments. don't expect any miracles.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:15 PM

74 posts, read 131,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddot555 View Post
It seems many got a waitlist email today. I have a very low lotto number but I've heard nothing since my first intake interview in early December. Should I see this as a very good thing and assume I'm still in the running? Do Rejection letters come as an email also?
You can always go to the office and ask. They will give you a status update in person.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 AM

9 posts, read 16,976 times
Any good news...anyone?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:47 AM

29 posts, read 38,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddot555 View Post
How low is your lottery number?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:48 AM

29 posts, read 38,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryPottery View Post
Any good news...anyone?
I have not heard a word since my first intake in December. I have a lottery number of 8XX and City employee preference. My income is also on the mid-higher end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery