Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 AM

74 posts, read 131,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBabe View Post
After submitting updated docs what is the next step?
You wait. Once MHANY is happy with everything they call you in to sign affidavits to send your packet to HDC for review. When my file was sent to the city I had to verify one thing. I believe I dropped the document off on Friday and was approved Tuesday the next week. It took about 9 days from affidavit signing to approval for me.

After you sign the affidavits you can look at units in the building.

After the city approves the building contacts you for a lease signing. The lease signing was a pain. They essentially make you sit there while they summarize the terms of the lease. It took about an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM

24 posts, read 47,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFair View Post
That's weird. My log number is 2XXX with a municipal employee consideration and I've not heard anything.
I think it was my CB preference that got me the apartment and not my municipal one for some reason though.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Hey are you very happy living in the building?
yes i love my apartment. I wish the living room was a little bigger but I can manage it. They have finally taken down the wood off the elevators and it is soooo beautiful. The lobby is beautiful and I am happy that management is on site.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 AM

25 posts, read 27,452 times
Does anyone know how HDC determines over asset limits? (I got a rejection letter stating that I was over asset limit) Does anyone have any HDC experience? (particularly related to applicants with rental property) ? - DM me. I would like to understand the approval process and rules a little better. I have been approved for several Middle Income Units but 535 Carlton just sent me a rejection letter and I was interested in the location. Yes, I have been shopping all over for middle income units and by the number of lotteries I "won", I can see the system is kind of rigged. The middle income units are quite expensive (barely affordable to me). If I pay that much, I need to get a better location and school zone for my child than I have now (maybe I can save overall by not having to pay for private school). Thanks, P

Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 AM

17 posts, read 32,402 times
I was invited to an open house on June 4th so I already saw the apartments and was taken on a tour of the building, I loved it, the apartments are small but I still loved it! The lobby is beautiful too! They have my updated docs so I will just wait it out at this point. I need to really purge a lot if I am going to move in there but that's ok with me.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primadonnamuch View Post
yes i love my apartment. I wish the living room was a little bigger but I can manage it. They have finally taken down the wood off the elevators and it is soooo beautiful. The lobby is beautiful and I am happy that management is on site.

Is the building quiet for the most part? No noisy tenants? Do you use the Atlantic Ave train station? Is that the closest to the building?

Old 06-14-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
You wait. Once MHANY is happy with everything they call you in to sign affidavits to send your packet to HDC for review. When my file was sent to the city I had to verify one thing. I believe I dropped the document off on Friday and was approved Tuesday the next week. It took about 9 days from affidavit signing to approval for me.

After you sign the affidavits you can look at units in the building.

After the city approves the building contacts you for a lease signing. The lease signing was a pain. They essentially make you sit there while they summarize the terms of the lease. It took about an hour.

Is it a good sign that they asked for my updated docs? I sent those in last Monday, 6/5 and just wondering if I should have heard something by now or not.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Is the building quiet for the most part? No noisy tenants? Do you use the Atlantic Ave train station? Is that the closest to the building?
VERY quiet. It feels good to come home to peace and quiet and to go down the hall to do laundry in your peace and quiet. The building is still pretty empty so I don't know how long this will last but for now I am enjoying it as much as possible. Yes I take the Atlantic avenue station to work its about a 5-7 minute walk. We are literally one block away from Barclays center so it is pretty convenient. There is not a corner bodega on the block so I usually go to target or walk up to Vanderbilt when I need quick items. The building looks way prettier than when I first moved in, I wish I had before and after pictures, my apartment was always nice but now the building is matching the apartment.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Is it a good sign that they asked for my updated docs? I sent those in last Monday, 6/5 and just wondering if I should have heard something by now or not.
Yeah updated documents are good. If you sent them in Monday 6/5 then HDC probably didn't get them until Wednesday (i had sent my updated docs on 3/1 but hdc didn't receive it until 3/7 and they approved me on 3/14) You can always follow up with HDC directly via email they are very responsive.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primadonnamuch View Post
Yeah updated documents are good. If you sent them in Monday 6/5 then HDC probably didn't get them until Wednesday (i had sent my updated docs on 3/1 but hdc didn't receive it until 3/7 and they approved me on 3/14) You can always follow up with HDC directly via email they are very responsive.
I sent the updated docs to the management office but wasn't asked to have anything notarized or anything. I don't have any contact info for HDC, for now I will be patient since it was only last Monday, LOL, perhaps I am jumping the gun here!

Thanks so much for all the information on the building and living there, sounds great! The open house definitely made me even more excited about it. The living room space is small, were you able to fit living room furniture in there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery