Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 10:25 AM

207 posts, read 356,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
How was Breaking Ground at the interview? I am hoping someone will ask them about whether half of the community board units are already being set aside for homeless referrals.
They were very nice during the interview. They just gathered all of the docs, asked some financial questions and requested I bring in some more paperwork .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,849,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
They were very nice during the interview. They just gathered all of the docs, asked some financial questions and requested I bring in some more paperwork .
More paperwork? Jeez... what more could they possibly want? If you do go back for another interview, would you mind asking if they are setting aside half of the CB units for homeless referrals from the city? I haven't heard whether this building will be subject to this requirement because it was not mentioned in the advertisement.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
More paperwork? Jeez... what more could they possibly want? If you do go back for another interview, would you mind asking if they are setting aside half of the CB units for homeless referrals from the city? I haven't heard whether this building will be subject to this requirement because it was not mentioned in the advertisement.
I'll definitely ask.. looks like they didn't add it to the advertisement because it was one of the last projects to go public before the new guidelines were put in place...

Old 02-21-2017, 04:32 PM

46 posts, read 64,076 times
Congrats to those of you who've heard back. Did Breaking Ground contact you by regular mail or email?

Old 02-21-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
Congrats to those of you who've heard back. Did Breaking Ground contact you by regular mail or email?
They call first , after you confirm that you're still interested , they send an email with the checklist of documents and also send a letter as well .

If they call and you don't answer then they just send an email or letter to your home .

Old 02-22-2017, 07:51 AM

46 posts, read 64,076 times
Quote:
They call first , after you confirm that you're still interested , they send an email with the checklist of documents and also send a letter as well .

If they call and you don't answer then they just send an email or letter to your home .
Thank you.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:01 AM

27 posts, read 45,234 times
Quote:

Hey,
Do you mind sharing who the email came from? Just so it doesnt get lost in junk or spam.
Thanks.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica85 View Post
Hey,
Do you mind sharing who the email came from? Just so it doesnt get lost in junk or spam.
Thanks.
They have a lot of marketing agents so it's impossible to tell who exactly will be sending the first email , however it should come from a breakingground.org email address .

Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 AM

27 posts, read 45,234 times
Thanks!!
I have a good log number and just noticed that my application as marked the email option, I dont remember changing it, but it could be possible. I just hate email because I get so much junk on a daily basis. I wanted to make sure I didnt miss an email. =(
BTW good luck to everyone, I really wish that it works for anyone and everyone who applies. Its nerve wrecking not knowing the real deal on who gets these apartments.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:10 AM

68 posts, read 99,908 times
Any word yet, ladygaga1 and everyone else? My interview is Tuesday! Ladaygaga1, did they ask you to sign forms verifying calculating income and assets? And (just wishful thinking), did they say they go by the new guidelines even though they went to market before those were implemented? Did they say how much leeway there is regarding move in date? Keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery