Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 12:53 PM

207 posts, read 356,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmom View Post
Hi ladygaga1,
Thanks! So glad you are at the final stage and hoping we'll be neighbors! So you didn't actually meet with compliance? They just sent your file up? I will try to calm down (lol) but I thought they said compliance would be meeting with me and now it's been 10 days.
Finmom,
No I did not meet with compliance... not sure why they told you that they would be meeting with you ...
In any case if your file passes the intake stage that generally is a good sign. Follow up with them towards the end of next week if you don't hear back..

Moving415,

No they didn't seem to run my credit yet, though agent for 225 E 39 Street did run my credit at the first intake interview... very weird . My log is under 2,500 .

The lower floors of the buildings seem to be complete .. I'm pretty sure theyre just working on the higher floors at this point .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 01:28 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,469,279 times
My number is in the stratosphere, upward of 70,000, so I'll sit back on this one. Even with CB preference, this will be tough, although it has 150 subsidized units, which is a lot. 225 East 39th ran credit as soon as it could see that you were income eligible.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
My number is in the stratosphere, upward of 70,000, so I'll sit back on this one. Even with CB preference, this will be tough, although it has 150 subsidized units, which is a lot. 225 East 39th ran credit as soon as it could see that you were income eligible.
Yes but my log for East 39th is over 40,000 .. with CB of course. You dont find it strange they pulled credit so early ?

I hope its because they're sure they will have a unit available assuming I'm eligible.
The marketing guidelines state :
Credit checks may only be conducted when (a) an applicant appears to be otherwise eligible and (b) it is clear that a unit will be available if the applicant is approved.

I'm hoping this is the case lol !

Old 03-24-2017, 04:14 PM

It means that, given what you provided, tax returns, bank statements, "you appear to be eligible." I've found that each of these managing agents work a little differently. Some do the credit check last, because they're mindful of not taking your money if you're not likely to qualify (they send the money order back and you can cash it). The key line is "it's clear that a unit will be available if the applicant is approved. There's still a big if in there. Good luck. It's a nice building and so convenient. I don't mean to sound discouraging at all though. A credit check is a positive sign, regardless of when it happens.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:16 PM

Yes 39 is soo convenient . I'm going to hold off another week until I call them to follow up .

The thing about Copper that's so attractive is the washer/dryer in unit and apparently included amenities .

Old 03-24-2017, 05:28 PM

I just realized they checked my credit too (checked my report and saw the inquiry) and my number is much higher than yours, so I wouldn't read too much into this--it's just the way this marketing agent operates, and I believe all it means is that so far, given the documents we're presented and our CB preference, we're qualified, but it's a long, strange trip from qualified to final approval that loops into all realms of surreal along the way...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM

Went by 225 East 39th. As it turns out, 16 people have moved in (started renting on March 1). The first 15 floors are ready and are being rented. They hope to have all floors ready to rent by the end of the summer. And of course I did NOT ask the concierge about the schedule for subsidized tenants. I found the block to be rather quiet and kind of tucked away. Tomorrow I'll go by American Copper and ask the same questions about occupancy, and will report back. Sometimes I think we get better information just by going to the building and asking about the number of people who have moved in and the general plan for full occupancy. No need to go into your subsidized status.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:23 PM

Yep I said it in a previous post ! Both buildings have temporary COs ! Hopefully they'll start moving quicker with the process .

Thanks and please let us know about Copper !

Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM

68 posts, read 99,912 times
Hi all,
So I heard today that my file was sent to compliance. My interviewer said they might want more documents, but I think I was wrong about needing to meet. So fingers crossed!

My number was 22,xxx with community preference.

Moving415 if you go by American Copper let us know! I keep checking Street Easy and nothing changes. Same seven "available" units that don't get leased. Nothing is set in stone until we sign a lease so would be great to hear they are moving toward actually letting folks in.

Best of luck everyone!

Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmom View Post
Hi all,
So I heard today that my file was sent to compliance. My interviewer said they might want more documents, but I think I was wrong about needing to meet. So fingers crossed!

My number was 22,xxx with community preference.

Moving415 if you go by American Copper let us know! I keep checking Street Easy and nothing changes. Same seven "available" units that don't get leased. Nothing is set in stone until we sign a lease so would be great to hear they are moving toward actually letting folks in.

Best of luck everyone!
Finmom thats great news! You should be hearing from them by this Friday or next week the latest! Then you just go there and sign the final docs to send to HPD. If they do need any additional documents make sure to get it to them asap so there's no delay!

Good luck

Btw, how's your application process going with E 39 Street ? You applied to that one too right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery