Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 06:08 PM

104 posts, read 116,770 times

Advertisements

How are people being contacted? Snail mail? Email? Phone call?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 06:15 PM

207 posts, read 356,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
How are people being contacted? Snail mail? Email? Phone call?
First its a phone call, then they send an email.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:56 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,468,998 times
I was strictly email from the get-go. By the time they got to my number they were likely too tired to make phone calls.

Last edited by Moving415; 05-04-2017 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-04-2017, 08:05 PM

104 posts, read 116,770 times
Thank you!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:34 AM

21 posts, read 32,903 times
Has anyone heard anything?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Has anyone been called to view an apartment ?

Old 05-25-2017, 05:29 PM

68 posts, read 99,909 times
Hi all,
I was called and viewed a unit today. They did say I still did not have final HPD approval. They said a few people have now been approved by HPD but no one has signed a lease yet because they are still negotiating with the management regarding final lease terms, I think mostly to do with which amenities will be included and which charged.

None of the amenities are finished or ready to view, although the ground floor lounge in west wing seems ready (seat around 8 to 12 people, off the lobby).

I was originally told I would have one unit, but when I arrived was told that one was no longer on the available list and I had been reassigned to another. But when we got to that one, it was heavy under construction and clearly not ready. I was told that would likely still be my assignment, but I was shown yet another supposedly identical unit a few flights down instead. I think maybe I was called now due to disability set aside. I think they are trying to go according to preference groups and when assigned units are actually ready, though clearly there is some miscommunication and red tape they have to deal with.

One bathroom, not two, so I guess they are saving two bathrooms for market folks. But very nice, especially for the price, of course! Living room/ kitchen combo about 20 by 10 feet. One nice size bathroom and two bedrooms about 12 by 12. Washer dryer in the unit and fabulous applicances. amazing windows with view of both 1st Ave and the river. Tall ceilings!

So more waiting, but seems like things are moving along! Anyone else hear anything?!

Old 05-25-2017, 06:00 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,468,998 times
I know someone in real estate familiar with this building, and amenities, which are extraordinary, are $150/month. Some of the fancier amenities, such as the spa, cost more. That's for market tenants, which is all this real estate person knows about, but I can't imagine they'd charge subsidized tenants more. Still less than most NYC gyms. Congrats FinMom-you're likely in. There's at least two pools--there will be an infinity pool on the roof of the East Tower, which will not likely be for this summer but eventually....there are no "free" amenities, except for use of some of the lounges (not all, I believe).

Last edited by Moving415; 05-25-2017 at 06:09 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 06:44 PM

Finmom that's great news!

I also viewed an apartment a few days ago. They told me they're still going back and forth with the developer about some small details (lease signings, amenities etc) .
They didn't have the amenities cost yet, though the marketing page says that there isn't a fee for the "gym/lap pool/spa" .. so I'm eager to see how they'll price it.. $150 is a lot for an amenity package in a building.. that's equinox prices lol .

I also found it strange that the unit didn't have a mirror or medicine cabinet in the bathroom (Not that we can complain lol) and shower rod... though there were stainless steel appliances (including dishwasher) and washer/dryer in unit!

The unit that I saw seemed ready for move in.... the doorman was very nice and the lobby is beautiful.
And the wait continues .......

Old 05-25-2017, 07:11 PM

27 posts, read 45,236 times
This sounds AMAZING! very happy for all of you who have moved along. We have no preference, but a good log number and havent been contacted as of yet. I passed by a couple times just to look at it and dream a bit, in hopes to get that email soon, and to get approved which is the hard part.
Its always nice to read updates though, so keep on posting, and the best of luck to everyone. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery