Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM

188 posts, read 178,559 times

Advertisements

So I called! and log numbers def. do matter. She told me that there are people with lower log numbers than me that are in the same income bracket for apartments and HDC has to approve their applications first. So HDC approves according to log number, she said I am pretty high but there are times when people see units and don't want it, don't provide additional paperwork, decide they don't want to continue with the process, etc... and that's how they will eventually get to my number....so let's see

Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 AM

454 posts, read 528,748 times
aww yan =(

Don't lose hope, still have my fingers crossed ma. xoxoxo

Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM

Thank you so much Layla! I've gotten this far, lets just hope God hears my prayers

Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM

351 posts, read 503,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan2 View Post
So I called! and log numbers def. do matter. She told me that there are people with lower log numbers than me that are in the same income bracket for apartments and HDC has to approve their applications first. So HDC approves according to log number, she said I am pretty high but there are times when people see units and don't want it, don't provide additional paperwork, decide they don't want to continue with the process, etc... and that's how they will eventually get to my number....so let's see

Don't worry you got this! Pray and never lose hope!!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 AM

Thank you Mary! At least we all know log numbers do matter!! I kept reading online that they don't lol but Ms. Quinones told me they def do. and that's why some ppl get HDC approval faster than others...I was just under the impression that they handed in your application to HDC with an apartment number.

but whatever, I'm still going to keep positive, being in the hands of HDC is better than rejected I guess!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 AM

279 posts, read 218,424 times
Yan2 I believe you got this and I'm also going to keep my fingers crossed and you have my prayers

Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 AM

279 posts, read 218,424 times
Thanks Maryloutheras2, its third floor and I'm praying for you too and wish you luck

Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 AM

174 posts, read 188,248 times
Quote:
Thank you Mary! At least we all know log numbers do matter!! I kept reading online that they don't lol but Ms. Quinones told me they def do. and that's why some ppl get HDC approval faster than others...I was just under the impression that they handed in your application to HDC with an apartment number.

but whatever, I'm still going to keep positive, being in the hands of HDC is better than rejected I guess!
Log numbers are the #1 most important thing about any of this. With CB preference, you're able to get in over people with better log numbers, but only those without the same preference, and only until the units set aside for preference are filled up.

Anyone who says log numbers don't matter, doesn't understand the system. Log numbers and preferences.. that's all that matters in this.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl49 View Post
Thanks Maryloutheras2, its third floor and I'm praying for you too and wish you luck
You welcome can't wait to hear all about your move!!! And log numbers definitely matter because that is what the lady told me too and CB too!!! God is with us!

Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:

No problem! We got this! Is always a good thing once is sent to HDC from what I have heard. And yes HDC VS Reject is always better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery