Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 09:59 AM

20 posts, read 18,008 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Well Update on me I was rejected for the apartment. She stated that it was due to credit. I knew the student loans would play a part because they are high, I owe 70K+ as well as the car loan. My income to debt ratio was too high. Also my two adult kids have no credit. They just got a card in order to establish it. I have been living in the same place for 8 years and have never had any issues with my rent so that says something but oh well. I was not CB preference however my log # was low, 61X. Oh well it was not for me. I am however very happy for all you guys that got approved and wish a lot of luck to those that are still waiting. I guess at this time I will just focus on purchasing a home since I am a state employee and military family. I will take advantage of that. I guess things happen for a reason and instead of paying $1663 for rent I can pay it towards a mortgage and maybe move further up away from the city. So again guys I wish you all the best.

Annette

Old 03-21-2017, 10:42 AM

454 posts, read 528,748 times
Aww annette im so sorry
It wasnt gods time... Xoxoxo
Im sure something even better will come your way.
And thank you and i wish you the best of luck as well hun

Old 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM

351 posts, read 503,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annettedlc3 View Post
Hello All,

Well Update on me I was rejected for the apartment. She stated that it was due to credit. I knew the student loans would play a part because they are high, I owe 70K+ as well as the car loan. My income to debt ratio was too high. Also my two adult kids have no credit. They just got a card in order to establish it. I have been living in the same place for 8 years and have never had any issues with my rent so that says something but oh well. I was not CB preference however my log # was low, 61X. Oh well it was not for me. I am however very happy for all you guys that got approved and wish a lot of luck to those that are still waiting. I guess at this time I will just focus on purchasing a home since I am a state employee and military family. I will take advantage of that. I guess things happen for a reason and instead of paying $1663 for rent I can pay it towards a mortgage and maybe move further up away from the city. So again guys I wish you all the best.

Annette
I'm sorry but I do agree if your rent is 1663 then definitely get a house and at the end it will be yours. God works in mysterious ways! Yes credit is so important great job on moving forward on establishing their credit! Good luck! God bless you 😍

Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
Omg Annette ! I'm so sorry, it must be a horrible feeling but at least they don't have u sitting like a duck waiting for a response! And 1663 out of pocket?!! I would never be able to afford that and if I could I would do exactly that and invest it in a mortgage. Either way, I'll keep you in my "housing" prayers, I know the feeling n wish u the best!

Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM

279 posts, read 218,424 times
I'm so sorry to hear that and I wish you lots of luck and to invest in a house it's the best thing for you and You never know God has something up his sleeve positive for you believe that.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 PM

260 posts, read 333,405 times
I'm sorry annette, when one door closes another one opens. Great things will come to you, waiting on them aren't a walk in the park but it will be worth it. God bless

Old 03-21-2017, 08:17 PM

20 posts, read 18,008 times
Thak u ladies,
Yes $1663 was what I would pay for rhe apartment at 3600 so I guess its all good. Again good luck to all og u guys.

Annette

Old 03-22-2017, 07:48 AM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
good morning everyone, so HDC requested additional info from me, I already sent it in.

I hope that's a good sign...but what do I know...

Old 03-22-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan2 View Post
good morning everyone, so HDC requested additional info from me, I already sent it in.

I hope that's a good sign...but what do I know...
Good morning,

Does HDC contact you directly or management does? If you don't me asking what did the ask for? Reason why I was asking is because the sameday they sent my file to HDC later on in the afternoon they ask for me to sign an assest form but didn't know if it was HDC or management. I think it was HDC because management said my file was complete and off to HDC it went.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 AM

Good morning everyone Hope you guys have a good day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery